6.

Reid's Point Of View

Nathan ended up staying in the hospital over night because he had to have a minor surgery on his hand. Apparently when he went into the water he hit something. It cut open his hand and part of his arm.

So today is Wednesday. Nate will be back in the afternoon. I have to go get him. He's not allowed to drive for the first few days. This camp ends on Monday the 23rd of June, so he'll be able to drive by then.

I have been teaching lacrosse to the kids all morning. It's lunch right now. We all share the love of volleyball so we're playing a coaches match. Well as soon as Eric is done talking to Cameron. We're playing 2 on 2 so it's going to be outdoor rules. Currently, Lina, Hunter, Dakota and I are on the court waiting.

"Sorry," I hear Cameron's voice say from behind me. I turn around. There's some bruised areas near his left eye. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed.

"Don't worry, we still have plenty of time to play a game or two," Hunter says.

*****

It's about 1:00pm. We finished one game. I have to go get Nate. Dakota already signed the papers allowing me to get him. I just have to sign something. I'm walking to my car.

"Reid," I hear someone call from behind.

"Yes?" I say turning around. It's Dakota.

"Your back is bleeding," she says. That's kind of random... Wait. No. Shit. Shit. Shit. The bandage probably came off.

"Oh, it's nothing really," I say, "I'll fix it later."

"That's something," she says.

"Can we do this later?" I ask.

"Fine," she says, "but be careful."

"Okay," I say.

*****

I just arrived at the hospital. It only takes about 5 minutes to get to the hospital. Really short since we're not far off of Santa Monica.

As I walk in I see to massive security guards near the door.

"Can I help you sir?" I hear someone say. I turn to face the woman at the front desk. I walk towards the front desk.

"Yes," I say.

"Are you here to visit or to discharge someone?" She asks.

"I'm here to discharge Nathaniel Hunter," I say.

"You must be Reid Starr, right?" she says.

"Yes," I reply.

"May I see your drivers license please?" She says.

"Sure," I say and take out my wallet to get my drivers license. Then I give it to her. She takes it and looks at it.

"Thank you, he's in room A14. You'll have to sign on your way out," she says and gives me my license back.

"Okay," I say.

I start walking down the hallway. Then I spot room A14. I open the door and walk in. Nate's checking his phone. His left arm is wrapped in a black soft cast and a sling. He's wearing a blue graphic tee with grey shorts, sneakers, and of course his watch.

"Hey, Reid," he says

"Hey, Reid," he says. Putting his phone in his pocket.

"You ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah, I've been ready," he says.

"Good. C'mon, let's get you out of here," I say and turn to leave.

"Your back's bleeding," he says.

"Yes I know," I say turning around.

"Okay, just telling you," he says and follows.

Then walk we out after I sign the papers at the desk.

*****

"Nathan," I ask as we're stopped at a red light on the way home.

"Yeah?" He says.

"Can I ask you something? If you don't want to answer I get it but-" I start.

"Just spit it out," he says, cutting me off.

"What happened with Cameron?" I ask.

Nathan is silent for a moment. Then he says, "If I tell you, you won't tell anyone right?" The light turned green. I start driving again with my eyes on the road.

"No, if you don't want me to," I respond turning a right.

"Okay... Well... Cameron said some things about me. Which I'm used to so it isn't new. And I know he has bipolar type one. I mean my cousin has bipolar depression. I know their conditions. He just started saying rude things to me the first minute then started making out with me. I tried to get away, but I'm weak so I couldn't," he says.

"First off, you're definitely not weak. Secondly, I thought that he hit you or something. That's what everyone else seems to think," I say.

"No. And for the record. I didn't hurt anyone," he says.

"Including yourself?" I say.

"Yes, including me," he says.

"I'm proud of you, you've come a long way," I say.

"Thanks," he says as we turn left on to the campus.