17.

Ryan's Point Of View

It's 11:42pm. Reid is fast asleep on my chest. I look down at him. He's been through so much lately. And whoever beat him up, isn't helping. He's so calm. I take my right hand and gently stroke his face. He doesn't wake up. The Teen Wolf show is still playing in the background. He's so adorable. I love him so much. I hear the door open and I take my hand away from his face. I look to the door. Reid's mom is standing there. I put my finger up to my lips, indicating to be quite. Then I put my hand down.

"I was just checking in. You guys didn't, you know right though?" She whispers. I shake my head. Then she says, "Oh, okay. Um... If you need anything I'll be just down the hall. Goodnight than."

"Goodnight," I whisper to her. She then quietly shuts the door. I should get some sleep. I take the remote and turn the TV off. Then I lay my head back on the pillow, carefully, so I don't wake him. He doesn't wake up. Phew. I let sleep take over.

*****

Reid's Point Of View

When I wake up I'm alone. Ryan must have already gotten up. I check my phone. It's 9:37am. I never sleep this late. I have 84 messages. Jesus. I unlock my phone and click Messages. It's all from a group text. Shit. It's got literally everybody. Reese, Clay, CJ, Sara, Nathaniel, Angelina, Hunter, Dakota, Ryan, Brandon, Sean, Cami, Roxy, Luna, Colby, Crystal, Lilly, Kelsey, Faith, Casey, Arran, Logan, and Atticus. Wow. That's a lot of people. We would have another person, but Jackson left us 11.23.12. Anyway, I get up out of bed. I'm so soar. Ugh, my arm kills. Fuck. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket. Then I walk over to my dresser, which is under where my TV is attached to the wall and get a t-shirt.

I then walk over to the door

I then walk over to the door. It's already open, so I walk out into the hallway to the stairs. I then walk down the stairs to the kitchen. As I walk in to the kitchen I hear Ryan say, "Aye! There he is!" He's wearing a blue Nike t-shirt. With the same sweatshirt like shorts. He's sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Reid, you're supposed to keep your arm elevated, where's the sling?" my mom asks.

"Upstairs," I say.

"Oh, I'll go get it for you," she says.

"Yeah, okay," I say. Then I sit in the seat next to Ryan and ask, "What happened last night?" Honestly I think I fell asleep pretty early.

"You fell asleep not to long after the third episode, then your mom came in at almost 12," I say.

"Oh," I say. Then I ask, "Did anything happen?"

"No," he says.

"So we didn't fuck right?" I ask.

"No, we did not," he says.

"Phew," I say.

"How ya doing though?" He asks.

"Fine, little soar, but I'm doing good," I say.

"Good enough for a video?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure," I say.

"Okay, good. I need to do one. Today's Tuesday, I upload every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday," he says.

"Oh... shit. I'm supposed to make a video with Nate," I say.

"Maybe you could, just check your phone," he says.

"Yeah? What about it?" I ask.

"That's what that group chat was talking about, then it moved on to what everyone is putting on their channels, to most likely to, to a whole bunch of other crap," he says.

"What was that Ryan?" My mom says, coming back into the kitchen. She has the sling and gives it to me. I put it on. Fuck. It hasn't even been a full day and I already hate this.

"Just some talk about Nate recovering from his surgery," Ryan says to my mom.

"Oh, how's he doing?" She asks.

"He's doing good," Ryan says.

"Now, what would you to like to eat for breakfast. I have pancakes, waffl-" she starts.

"Mom," I say, cutting her off.

"Yes, Reid," my mom says.

"We are capable of making our own breakfast," I say.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll be upstairs, doing my stuff. So if you need me, just call for me," she says. Then she leaves the kitchen.

"You know what we should make?" He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Crepes," he says, "We can make them gluten free." Then he gets up from his seat.

"No shit," I say, getting up from my seat. I walk over to the refrigerator and open it.

"Okay, okay," he says. He walks over to the stove. I grab the egg carton from the fridge. Then set it down to the left of the fridge. Then I open it and grab an egg. I walk over to Ryan. Then I smash it on his head. He stays silent.

"Are you ready for the patient test?" I ask. As the egg drips down his face.

"So ready," he says, the I feel something gooey hit my head. It starts dripping down. It was an egg.

"Yup, okay," I say, "Let's eat then we can do it."

"Yeah, one more thing though," he says, then he smashes another one on my back.

"Got it," I say. I get another egg.

"Hey at least it's a black shirt, it'll come out," he says.

"Yup," I say. Then I smash it on the side of his head. We both start laughing.