21.

|| Caution, strong language and possible trigger ||
Nathaniel's Point Of View

When I wake up the first thing I hear is "Nathaniel?". Okay. That was a dream. My vision is blurry. I'm in a white room. Ugh. I'm in the hospital, that's what. I'm laying in the bed. I then feel someone squeeze my left hand. I look over Lina is sitting there.

"Have you been here all night?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh Nate, you're awake," she says.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"You've been out for two days," she says.

"Two days?" I ask. Then I sit up. Ah fuck. That hurts. I wince.

"Hey, hey, take it easy," she says.

"I'm fine," I say. She starts caressing my left hand. I look down to it. My wrist and hand are wrapped.

"Are you really?" She asks, then she says, "No, the answer is no. Nathaniel you are not fine. You are sick and I want you to get better, but I don't know if you ever will. I want this summer to change. I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore."

"Yes, I know. I know I am a fucking shit headed asshole who doesn't know what to do besides put a bullet through his head," I say. She's speechless. Then I say, "Angelina, I am trying my best. But the guy you want to go away won't until you let him go."

"I can't. Sometimes I stay awake just hoping that you'll be here the next day," She says.

"I'm sorry. For everything I've put everyone through, but you have to trust me that in time change will happen," I say.

"Okay," she says. Then she walks out.