22.

Nathaniel's Point Of View

It's Thursday, 9:30am. I'm still really soar, but I could care less. No one has told me what's wrong with my knee. It's swelled up, so they have it icing and elevated. It hurts like hell. I have no idea what Cameron did.

I'm currently sitting on the bed. A nurse is doing two last IV's right now. I'm changed into some regular clothes. A black and white long sleeve, grey basketball shorts, black and white elites, and some black Nike shoes.

 A black and white long sleeve, grey basketball shorts, black and white elites, and some black Nike shoes

They're finishing the second IV in my arm now. They said I lost a lot of blood during the surgery. So I had to have a blood transfusion. I'm so sick of this. I hate being here in the hospital. But I guess I've been here most of my life. I really need to get things straightened out with Angelina. I don't know what I was thinking. I was being a fucking ass. She deserves better. I look to my right. That's where they put the IV in. I sigh.

"Don't worry, it'll be over soon," the nurse says, "Does anything hurt?" Nope, not really

"Don't worry, it'll be over soon," the nurse says, "Does anything hurt?" Nope, not really. I mean yeah when it hits the skin, but that's obvious. Right?

"No, but why is that there?" I ask, pointing to the gauze that's in the bend at my elbow.

"It started to bleed when I put the IV in, it has stopped though," he says. I sigh. Then he says, "So nothing hurts?"

"No," I say.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few, but I believe that you've got some people waiting outside for you," he says. Then he gets up and walks out. Reid and Ryan walk in.

"Hey, how you doing?" Reid says

"Hey, how you doing?" Reid says. He's wearing a black t shirt that says "Human" with all the different color flags. One being his pride flag. He also has some black basketball shorts, black Nike's and some rainbow elites. Ryan's wearing a black and grey American Eagle graphic t shirt, white flat front shorts, black and blue snapback, and some grey and blue running shoes. They then both walk over to me.

"Fine," I say.

"Doesn't that hurt," Ryan says, pointing to the IV's.

"Nah," I say. Then I ask, "Have you ever had an IV?"

"Nope," he says.

"Well that and you're scared of needles," Reid mumbles.

"Trypanophobia?" I ask.

"What?" Ryan says.

"The fear of needles and or injections," I say, "So what about stuff like the flu shot?"

"I don't get the flu shot," he says.

"Oh. Well if you're ever going to be ready for shots sometime in your life or whatever, they don't hurt," I say.

"Well they look like they do, so, no. I will not get a shot," he says.

*****

It's now 10:45am. The nurse has come back in numerous times. He's back in the room now and is taking the IV out. Reid and Ryan are outside. Ryan's probably freakin out or something. Reid knew that he didn't like shots and or injections.

"Okay, so a bruise appeared where the IVs were. But that's normal, it will go away with time," he says. I nod. Then he says, "Nathaniel, I think you're good to go as long as your discharge papers are all signed you can be released. I believe one of your friends has the papers."

"Okay," I say. Then a doctor walks in. He whispers something to the nurse. The nurse leaves.

"Okay, Nathaniel, so before we get to the X-Ray, I need to ask you a few things. That alright," he says.

"Yes," I say.

"So, tell me. How did you injure your knee in the first place?" He asks.

"Well I... I um fell," I say.

"Nathaniel. I think I've known you long enough to know when you're lying," he says. I sigh. Then he says, "So what really happened?"

"I um... I got into a fight," I say.

"Well that does explain some," he says.

This is going to be a long day. Ugh.