40.

Nathaniel's Point Of View

It's been about an hour since Reid pulled the prank on me.

We've been looking through and cleaning out some of his stuff in his room. He let me look through his drawings. Which are very personal to him. He is an amazing artist, but he wants to keep it to himself.

"Who's this?" I ask pointing to one of his drawings of a young girl smiling like there's no tomorrow.

"Oh.. That.. That's my sister," he says.

"Oh, god, Reid. I didn't mean," I start.

"It's cool. You're good," he says.

"I'm so sorry," I say.

"No worries," he says.

I hear a rattle of dog tags and in comes Reid's dog Rosie. A Australian shepherd. Black, grey and white.

She comes in and jumps right on Reid's bed with me as I look through more and lay down

She comes in and jumps right on Reid's bed with me as I look through more and lay down. People. People. Oh, more people. I start to flip the page again but I feel Reid taking it away from me. He's tackling me for it, but I get it away from him.

"Fine," I say, "Have it."

"Thanks," he says as I give it to him. By now he's sitting on me, but he's light weight.

"Can I see it?" I ask.

"No," he says.

"Why not?" I ask. Okay. Now I'm curious.

"Because... I don't," he says.

"Reid, if it has anything to do with Ryan telling you to be careful what you say to me because it might trigger me, I don't fucking care. Okay? I am okay. I am not a danger," I explain.

"Listen, Nate, I'm sorry," he says and hands me the paper. He then gets off me. I look at the paper.

It's a picture of a gun

It's a picture of a gun. Reid went through a very very hard time in his life when his parents separated and his sister died. I take the notebook again. I flip the page again.