8.

Nathaniel's Point Of View

Last night was really weird. Especially with Cameron. I know that we've been friends for a while. I think probably longer than me and Lina, but I'm not into him like that. After when I woke up, Reid was bent down with Dakota.

Right now I'm setting up targets with Reid in a huge field. Todays activity is going to be archery. That's what Dakota does best. What we're setting up is just wooden bullseye targets on stands. Dakota left to get the bows and hand guards. Eric wouldn't let her do it if she didn't make the kids where the hand guards for their left hand. Cause apparently it's too dangerous. Which I completely understand because I have a younger brother. But he's making everyone use them. Even the 16 year olds.

"Nate?" Reid says. As we set up the last target.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Have you ever done archery?" He asks.

"Once," I say, "When I first met Dakota. Why?"

"Well, what if..." He asks. As we finish setting up the target.

"Some of them are lefties?" I ask then I say, "I know that you're a lefty when it comes to certain things. This may or may not be one."

"Yeah," he says, "What if I am?"

"Then I guess you'll have to teach them," I say.

"But I don't know how," he says.

"You'll be fine," I say.

"I feel bad for asking, but to you think you could teach me?" He asks, nervously.

"Yeah, I mean I could try. I'm not very good myself," I say shrugging, then say, "When Dakota gets back with the bows and stuff I'll show you."

"Sounds good," he says.

"You guys done?" I hear Dakota's voice from a distance.

"Yeah," Reid says.

"Hey, Dakota, do you have the lefty bows?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I have them here," she says putting them down in the grass then asks, "Why? Ready to try again. Out of your own will?"

"Kind of," I say as she hands me a bow and a few arrows.

"The kids aren't even really gonna use quivers, are they?" She asks.

"Probably not," I say, "Unless you want them shooting each other."

"So how does this work?" Reid says.

"Oh, so Nate. You're teaching him, oh," Dakota exclaims, then asks, "Reid are you a lefty at archery?"

"Think so," Reid says.

"Okay, we'll try this then," Dakota says, giving Reid a lefty bow and some arrows.

"Wanna know something?" I ask Dakota.

"Sure," she says.

"That is the first time you've ever called me Nate," I say.

"Oh," she says, "I don't know how your going to pull this off."

"Me neither," I say.

"I wanna see you do this first," Reid says.

"Fine," I say. God I haven't done this in a while. So I hold the bow in my right hand and the arrow in my left. I then position the arrow in the nudge of the bow which is on the right. Then I pull back the arrow and look at the target. I aim then let go of the arrow.

"Holy shit," Reid says. I turn to look at him. I actually don't know where the arrow went. "Look where the arrow went," he says and makes me turn to the target. I look at the target. No way in hell's name did it actually hit there. Bullseye.

"Wow, Nathan, that's really impressive," Dakota says, "you know, with your hand and all

"Wow, Nathan, that's really impressive," Dakota says, "you know, with your hand and all."

"I didn't know that it was possible," I say.

"What about this?" Dakota says and shoots another arrow at the target I used.

"No way in hell's name did that just happen," I say. She split the first arrow with the second.

"Well it just did. And I think I got how to do it," Reid says. He puts the bow in his right hand, takes the arrow in his left. Puts it in the nudge, pulls back then releases. It just make it into the bullseye.

"Shit, first try. Wow," I say.

"Nate if I remember correctly you hit the bullseye first try too," Dakota says.

"I don't think you remembered correctly. I know I hit the one," I say. Getting the bow ready again. I put the arrow in the nudge, pull back, and release. It hits the 9.

"Nate, you are really good

"Nate, you are really good. Nothing holds you back from doing stuff," Reid says as he pulls back and releases the arrow. It hits the 8.

"You mean the brace?" I ask. Then I get the bow ready again, put the arrow in the nudge, pull back and release. It hits bullseye.

"Yeah, I've never broken anything or fractured, whatever you wanna call it, a bone before. So I've never had a cast. I've had stitches though," he says getting his bow ready.

"Well knowing me, I'm used to it, it doesn't bother me as much as it did the first time," I say, getting my bow ready then I pull back. I then release the arrow at the same time as Reid. I hit the 9 again. Reid hits the bullseye.

"Reid, you are really good at this," Dakota says, "But I didn't realize you were a lefty."

"I'm usually better left handed, but sometimes I'm better right handed," he says, putting the bow down.

"You should take that lefty test to see how lefty you really are," Dakota says.

"Yeah, that'd be cool," he replies.

"The kids'll be here soon," Dakota says.

"Yeah," I say.