Now, tell daddy what's wrong

I sat in next to Will during English. The teacher gave us the last ten minutes of the lesson off to finish some extra work and since I was already done, I plopped in my earphones and listened Avril Lavigne's Slipped Away.

"Na na, na na na, na na 

I miss you, miss you so bad 

I don't forget you, oh it's so sad 

I hope you can hear me 

I remember it clearly 

The day you slipped away 

Was the day I found it won't be the same 

Oh 

Na na na na na na na 

I didn't get around to kiss you 

Goodbye on the hand 

I wish that I could see you again 

I know that I can't 

Oh 

I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly 

The day you slipped away 

Was the day I found it won't be the same 

Oh 

I had my wake up - I could feel my eyes brimming with tears as I thought about my mother. 

Won't you wake up 

I keep asking why 

And I can't take it 

It wasn't fake 

It happened, you passed by 

Now you are gone, now you are gone 

There you go, there you go 

Somewhere I can't bring you back 

Now you are gone, now you are gone 

There you go, there you go, 

Somewhere you're not coming back 

The day you slipped away 

Was the day I found it won't be the same no.. 

The day you slipped away 

Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh... 

Na na, na na na, na na 

I miss you

Nobody noticed my silent tears. As soon as the bell rang, I ran out into the Girl's bathroom were my tears streamed down my face. I couldn't hold the pain inside anymore. 

"Hey" I turned around to see Chris leaning against the wall, the doll in his hand. My face was all red and I didn't feel like talking. He was moving closer. 

"Why are you here?" 

"Now that's hardly fair." He said. "I'm in the girl's bathroom, I think I deserve a chance." I laughed at his comment because he was right in a way and I felt happy that he took his time to comfort me when I really didn't do anything too nice to him. I even shoved a plastic baby doll in his arms and ran away. He smiled and sat down beside me. 

"Now, tell daddy what's wrong." He said as he positioned the baby on his lap. I smiled. "In all seriousness... you can tell me, unless you don't want to." 

"Thanks for coming and it's just.... It's about my mum. I keep having flashbacks of the day she died." 

"How did she die?" He asked, putting his arm around me.