I'm walking on sunshine, whoa...

"So, anyway... You wanna run laps with me. It's great training for basketball and to stay in shape." He asked, itching his neck with his right hand. 

"Um, sure. I could some more training." 

Gerard raised his eyebrows and we ran around for a couple of hours, laughing at each other's stupid or random jokes. I actually had a fun time jogging, which considering it was excercise, was pretty weird. I ran home, had a shower, finished up the last bit of homework I had left and went to bed, dreading the boring lessons which would begin and take ages to finish the next day. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I’m walking on sunshine, whoa... My alarm clock went off at seven the next morning. I was already awake when the music started emanating from the speakers built into the side of my clock. 

Ten minutes later I walked into the kitchen. I popped a piece of toast into our new toaster and switched the switch on the coffee machine to ‘on’. As I walked up to the sink to wash some dishes while I waited for my bread to brown, I noticed my reflection which could be seen on the surface of the clear water contained in the metal hole. My long hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, and a loose strand hovered over my forehead. I jumped, dropping the bottle of soap I was holding into the water and feeling the lukewarm water splash my shirt when I heard Carole’s voice from behind me. When I realized she wasn’t talking to me, but was chatting on the phone to somebody, I relaxed a little. 

“I understand, Bill. Yes, I promise you that within 3 weeks the house will be sold and we will be out of it, we just have to finish the interior. You will be able to choose the highest offer.” She nodded even though Bill clearly couldn’t see her head bobbing up and down. She waved to me when I looked her way then motioned for me to hand her a clean glass. 

“Yes. Okay, see you then. Bye, bye.” I smiled, handing her the glass she had requested. She opened her mouth to say something but, before she could get the words out, her phone rang again and she sighed and rolled her eyes. I changed and I swung my black courier bag over my shoulder and went back downstairs. Carole and dad had left for work so it was just Will and I. 

"Good morning." He said happily. 

"Hey...Um, I'm going to the local coffee shop, ok?" 

"Uh, yeah. I'll meet you on the way to school and take you up the rest of the way." 

"Okay, awesome. See you later." 

I stopped at a local coffee shop on the way to school and ordered a cappuccino with extra foam and three teaspoons of sugar. I was walking along the sidewalk outside the café when I heard a car horn. I looked up to my left and saw Will pull up beside me. I climbed into his mom’s car, well my mum too now, sipping my coffee. It didn’t take long before we entered Brookville High School’s parking lot. 

After stopping at our lockers, Will walked me to Science, one of the few classes we had together. When I saw Chris by the lockers. I walked towards him. 

"So, fun jog last night right?" He asked. 

"Yeah, the 14th lap when you kept going and I was basically crawling and panthing behind you...Really fun." He chuckled as we walked into class. 

We walked into Ms. Blossom’s science classroom just as the bell rang. She immediately began lecturing about the differences between mitosis and meiosis as Chris and I were forced to sit at opposite ends of the classroom due to our usual spots having already been taken. I stared at the clock during all three of my lessons before lunch, wishing the second hand would tick faster.