Run

Okay, so basically it's been ages and I just really want to finish this story because it's been unfinished for so damn long. The thing is, I get an epic idea for a story enjoy writing the beginning and middle, then get writer's block and get therefore, get lost in my own weird thoughts but here is my attempt. Hope you guys enjoy it...I should be studying right now...

Run

May contain some swearing...fair warning

The room was pitch black. Will made it a point to remove any light possible except from the TV of course. I cursed the time when I had accepted to watch this stupid horror movie. Now I've seen a lot of scary films but this one, by far, was the absolute worst and most terrifying out of all of them. I tried to contain my screams at most of the jump scares but some managed to escape. 

The music got louder as the actress walked closer to the killer. My throat was closing and my breath was starting to get uneven as I snuggled further into Chris' shirt. I felt his soft chuckles as he wrapped his arms around me. The killer jumped out from the darkness, rushing towards the woman with a chainsaw in hand. My arms were now around his neck and my head was buried into his chest as her screams and the killer's chainsaw echoed through the surround sound. At least the sound was quite low since the others were all sleeping. Chirs  wrapped his arms around me, pushing me tighter to his chest.

"Will, change the movie. This one's scaring Charlie," he said, looking concerned.

"No, it's fine."

I looked at Chris. His lips were pursed and he was staring at me. I tried to manipulate my face so that I could convince him that I was brave enough to handle the rest of the horror movie, even though we both knew that it would probably give me nightmares for the rest of the week.

"Fine." Chris finally sighed. "If that's what you really want." I sighed as I turned my attention back to the TV. The teenagers looked for the answer to why the killer was killing people, it was the usual made fun of in school for being different, went to a mental hospital, died in the mental hospital, and now was somehow brought back to life by some weird form of Satanism.

"I told you I wasn't going to get scared." I whispered to Chris cockily.

He ran his fingers through my hair and gave me a light kiss on my forehead. "Nothing has popped out of the shadows yet." He reminded me giving me another kiss on my cheek. There was a light undertone of humor in his voice. Chris leaned down and pressed his lips lightly against mine. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck. He turned his head to the side and pressed his lips on mine again. The sound of screams and a chainsaw was coming from the surround sound but it didn't scare me anymore. I was kissing Chris with his arms wrapped tightly around me. I was on cloud nine and nothing could bother me anymore.

Chris pulled away and gave me a light kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes and took a small sigh. The sound of the chainsaw was louder than it had ever gotten. Its main focus was coming from the speakers behind the couch. The living room had a somewhat soundproof door, so I didn't worry about waking up the others. When Chris let go of my chin, I looked behind me, the loudness of the noise irritating me.

There was a white mask staring at me. My jaw dropped and my breath was catching in my throat. I was trying to breathe which instead made me hyperventilate. The masked killer lifted up his chainsaw, effortlessly, as he turned to his head to the side. He pulled the cord to it again letting it make the vroom sound.

I screamed pushing myself from Chris' chest so I could I get as far away from the masked killer as possible. I fell off the couch and landed on the floor. I was trying to get to my feet but it was turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would. My feet kept slipping and my heart was pounding angrily against my chest.

Loud laughter was coming from where the masked killer was standing. The lights had come on and someone had turned off the TV. I stopped trying to get up and looked at the killer behind the couch.

Will was doubled over laughing, his mask slapping against his knee.

"Are you okay, Charlie?" Chris asked behind me. His fingers wrapping around my arm so she could help me to my feet.

I looked at him and nodded. His face was scrunched up as he frowned at me. "I'm fine." I lied. My voice was starting to crack.

Will's laughter got louder. "That was perfect!" He screamed as he continued to laugh. "And I taped it all! To youtube!"

Chris nodded once before turning back to Will. His face got hard and he looked like he was about to murder someone, which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Run." He growled at Will. Will's face of contorted laughter soon disappeared as he realized he'd soon have to deal with a very pissed off jock.