Da Phone Call

A week had passed since band practice and I stilled hadn't seen Chris. I left him some messages to see if he was okay or not. He just told me he was sick. I was beginning to worry and all of my friends noticed. I was out-of-it during basketball training, completely lost during lessons and anxious throughout the week. I couldn't get Chris out of my head. I needed to see him. I asked Gerard about it but that obviously resulted into nothing. I knew they were keeping something from me. It was as plain as the eye could see btu I was determined. After I got home, I sat on my bed next to Skittles and dialed his number. A few rings later, someone answered.

"Hell-o?" A little child answered from the sound of it.

"Um..Who is this please?" 

"Angel-a." I heard in response. Her voice wasn't very clear. She must have been holding the telephone wrongly.

"Well Anglela, I am Charlie. I think I called the wrong house but...is Chris there?"

"Ya, I go get him." Angela replied. I heard a loud crack. She must have dropped the phone on the floor and the Angela shouting, "Chris! Your girly friend is on da phone!" I laughed slightly, wondering how cute she must look in person. I heard groaning and the telephone being picked up.

"Charlie?" Chris asked in a distorted voice.

"Yeah. Who answered?" 

"My sister." He replied.

"You never told me you had a sister."

"I thought it was irrelevant." His voice was gruff and agitated. 

"Chris, what the hell is going on? Did I hurt you or something because if I did, I'm so sorry and would you please just tell me!" 

"No, no, it's not you Char. Don't worry about it. I just had a tough week that's all."

"I'm sorry, I just really miss you."

"I miss you too, Char." He replied, "But I have to go, I'll see you soon okay?" And he cut the line. I quickly got off my bed, grabbed my jacket and keys, wore my boots and headed out. I started up my car and drove as fast as I could to his house.