Being Too Happy

"One: I'm awesome," he explained, not even pausing, "Two: I make an amazing chocolate cake!" 

"Prepared to put your money where your mouth is?" I dared him, snapping another piece of chocolate. 

"Okay," he nodded, "If you've tasted better, I'll give you something you want," 

"Anything?" I asked, sceptical, "No matter how embarrassing?" 

"Yep," he nodded, and I put the chocolate in my mouth. I smiled. We sat down in the living room basically just switching channels since there was Nothing on until the cake was finally done. He stood up and held out his hand to me, a gentle smile lighting his eyes, "Come on," 

"What are we doing?" I asked as he led me back into my kitchen. He just grinned as he opened my oven, "CAKE!" 

He shook his head at me. 

"What?" I protested, "I like cake," 

"You don't say!" he mock gasped as he took the delicious smelling item out of the oven. I sighed happily. 

He worked with sure, deft hands, and I watched him. He glanced up every so often and smiled when he caught me watching him. 

"What?" he smiled, and I grinned. 

"Nothing!" I sang. 

"I highly doubt that," he rolled his eyes. I pouted and he held up a plate. I stared at him. 

"How the hell did you do that?" I asked, staring at the thin slice. 

"Well...," Chris began and I kicked him, "Ow!" 

"Shut up," I said, grinning easily. He gave me a fork and I raised my eyebrows, "Aren't we posh?" 

"Shut up and eat," He threw my words back with a smirk. 

I stuck my tongue out at him before I stabbed the fork into the soft food. I put the fork in my mouth and bit down so my teeth collided with the hard metal before I yanked it out. 

As soon as the sponge hit my tongue I closed my eyes. He waited as the chocolate melted in my mouth and smirked when I opened them. He stared at me as his blue eyes dilated. 

"Wow," I breathed, "I guess you win," He smirked. We went out to the park again after that. Chris and I just walked around admiring the greenery.  I had sent a few messages to Will to see where he was caught up. He had been out with some friends and was waiting for me at home, so I thought it would be a good idea to drive back.

We went to the car and began driving to my house. When we arrived, he leaned over my lap to look out my window and I caught a whiff of his scent which was a mixture of musk and cinnamon. 

“Mmmm, that house is a little too far away from my taste. I should walk you in,” he offered in his sultry British voice, sitting up in his chair and smiling his flickering half-smile at me, causing my heart to skip a beat. 

“You’re right. You never know when a crazy serial killer could attack,” I agreed, making him laugh. He got out of the car and opened my door for me. 

“After you m’lady,” he said, bowing and waving a hand toward the house while holding my door open for me. 

“Why thank you ever so much kind sir,” I said in a fake British accent. 

“Were you trying to sound British just then? ‘Cause you didn’t. You sounded Austrailian,” he informed me with his hands in his pockets as we walked down to the house. 

“No, I was trying to sound Austrailian,” I told him, nudging my shoulder against his which he soon did to me. “Besides, Australian guys are hotter anyway,” I added, covertly cutting my eyes at him. He raised his eyebrows at me.