The Houses

*McGonagall's POV*

I looked around at the first years, my eyes dancing over the blondes and the brunettes.

My eyes landed on two particular red-heads, and my smile fell. "Mr. and Mr. Weasley. What brings you back to our fine establishment?"

They shared a look, before looking at the small dark haired boy standing with a small gathering with question in their eyes.

"Bill and Charlie are here because their NEWTS seem to have come up missing. They are here to retake them, and in the process the classes they need for them, and when they are not in class for their NEWTS they will be in class with my friends and I." He said and I felt his magic connect with Hogwarts' magic.

"In other news, welcome first years. Your next seven years will be memorable, no doubt." I said as I led them into the castle.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly. But before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted in to your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony, because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." I said before walking through the halls to the doors in front of the Great Hall.

I opened the doors to the Great Hall and saw all of the astonished faces. The first years looked afraid, the returning years smiled in pride and went to rejoin their houses and friends.

"This is the Great Hall. This is where all of the students meet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. The four houses sit at one table each, they are all lead by their head of house. I, am the Gryffindor head of house." I said and lead them into the hall.

*General 3rd POV*

With the first years in the hall, they were sorted one by one.

Allen and Luna Ashbern: Slytherin. Hermione "Puckett" Black: Slytherin. Dudley Evans: Slytherin. Sam Granger: Slytherin. Daphne Greengrass: Slytherin. Lila Lestrange: Slyherin.  Luna Lovegood: Hufflepuff. Draco Malfoy: Slytherin. Kora Snape: Slytherin. Diablous Riddle: Slytherin. Ronald Weasley: Gryffindor.

Everyone was set to eat when Mrs. McGonagall made a shocking announcement.

"This year, there will be five resorts, and if the five would approach Alasander when their name is called that would be greatly appreciated. Bill Weasley." She called and Bill went to the hat.

"Slytherin!" Alasander called as he was place on Bill's head.

"Charlie Weasley."

"Slytherin."

"Percy Weasley."

"Slytherin."

"Fred Weasley."

"Slytherin."

"And finally, George Weasley."

"Slytherin."

Alasander disappeared after the Weasleys were resorted, the feast beginning as soon as he did.

The rest of the feast went off without a hitch, the students joining their housemates at their assigned tables. The feast was successful and everyone was happy, but the term had only just begun.