The One in Which the Twins are Adorable (part 1)

*Dia's POV*

I slid down the wall outside Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, the day already getting to me. I heard footsteps walking down the hallway, coming towards me.

I wrapped my arms around my knees, my head resting on my arms. I let their words get to me, all of their hatred and negative words.

I felt a presence on either side of my slouched figure, their arms going around me.

I shook, my eyes clouded by tears. I sobbed, their arms pulling me close.

"Hey, Little one-"

"-don't cry. Do you want-"

"-us to get your brother?" They asked in quiet voices.

They got a shake of the head in reply and pulled me closer.

*tyme skyp: three hours*

The twins had always been nice, but this was a new level of nice. They gave me Sugar Quills, played Exploding Snap with me, took me around the castle and showed me all of the hidden things (I showed them the Chamber of Secrets), and we just had a gay old time.

It was way after classes and we were hungry, so we snuck upstairs and into the kitchens.

The day was fun, I have to admit, but now it's time to go to sleep. Joy, another sleepless night.

After the twins had gone to sleep I stayed awake I had wandered into the common room of our "dorms" and sat in a chair by the fire when I noise from the hallway startled me.

I looked up and it was Fred, coming to check on me. He didn't say a word, just lifted me up, took my spot then sat me on his lap, running his fingers through my hair.

"You can talk to me." He whispered quietly over the roar of the fire. "I'm here for you."

"I'm fine." I lied.

"I know you're not." He said and wrapped his arms around me. "But you don't have to be any certain way around me."