Chapter 9

I wake up the next morning and stare up at the ceiling. Harry, Tess, and Josh helped me clean up after the police finished up. After that, we went out to eat and I feel asleep right away. Harry insisted that he slept at my place to make sure I am ok. I told him that if he slept over that he would have to sleep in my bed because I don't have a guest bedroom and he can't sleep on the sofa. So he said that I had to sleep with him in my bed. He wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed. So that's what I did.

I can feel Harry next to me. I watch him sleep. He is so gorgeous. His soft curls fall on his face so perfectly. I have never seen anyone like him. I want to reach out and touch his soft cheeks but I resist the urge. It wouldn't help out relationship, which is already awkward. I turn away and I have a bubbly feeling in my stomach. The kind of feeling when you see your crush in the hallway at school. But I know that can't be what it is.

I get up and go to the kitchen. I decide to make myself tea when Harry walks in. "Good morning." He says with his morning voice. There are the bubbles again.

"Good morning." I wonder if he remembers that it is my birthday.

"How did you sleep?" He says watching me make tea.

"Pretty good. How about you?" I ask as I pour the hot water into the cup.

"Like a baby." He smiles and I laugh.

"Do you know what day it is today?" I ask him and he looks confused.

"Yeah. Saturday." He pauses then smiles at me slyly. "Your birthday!" He screams and I jump. I almost knock over my tea and he laughs.

"Don't do that! You scared me!" I say laughing a little.

"Happy birthday!" He says smiling.

"Thank you!" He comes around the counter and gives me a huge hug.

"How old are you again?" He asks me.

"19!" I say excited.

"Wow. Same age as me!"

"Well actually I am still a couple months younger than you but...." I say and he frowns at me.

"Stop getting technical!" He pouts and I laugh. "I have something to tell you."

He pauses and I wait for him to continue. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if tonight you would want to come with me to an award show." He says looking down at his hands and they are shaking.

I stand there surprised then I finally come to my senses. "Of course I will!" I say and he smiles widely. "But what will I wear?"

"Remember the dress I bought you." He says and my mouth drops.

"That's why. Now I understand." I stand there still stunned by the whole thing. "I can't believe you!" I say playfully slapping his shoulder.

"I thought you would enjoy a surprise." He says looking worried that he did something wrong.

"I do. It's just all kind of crazy!" I say and he laughs.

"And you have to act normal. No crazy fangirling or anything." He says smiling.

"I don't really listen to modern music so you don't really have anything to worry about." I reply and he smiles.

"Oh right. You like the classics." He says smiling playfully.

"How am I going to do my hair?! And makeup?!" I say starting to panic.

"My hairdresser and makeup artist will come over here and help us get ready. I hope you don't mind but I invited the rest of one direction to come here to get ready. Actually they should be here any minute!" He says and I gasp.

"Anymore secrets you have to tell me!?" He laughs. "That's fine." I add and he smiles.

"Is Tess going too?" I ask.

"She is going with Josh." He says and there is a knock on the door. I go to open it to see four very hot guys standing at my door.

"Hi. And who are you?" I ask and they all smile sweetly.

"Hi. We are One Direction." They all say together.