£18: Temple Part Four (2/2)

Second part to the Fourth part of the Temple. That was really bad wording.

Jason's Pov

The three of us were finishing off the last Rointells, when Seto turned to face Adam and threw a magic bomb at him, causing him to fly back a bit.

"Seto?! What was that for?!" I asked/yelled.

"Jason don't be fooled by its appearance. That is not the Adam we know."

"Ow...What was that for?!" Adam asked from a few yards back.

"But how would you know?" I turned to face him.

"I knew from the get go. Even the strongest of the Rointells have their weaknesses. While the transformation is close, a deep observation proves that no two gems are alike." The last part confused me.

No two gems are alike? What does that-

I took another look at Adam, and realized what Seto had meant. The gem in the middle of his amulet was red instead if purple.

"Then what do we do? And where's the real Adam?" I whispered.

"Even though I can't hear him, I can sense his life force. That's one of the Rointells mistakes. Adam conveniently happens to be in the building to our left, and I need you to stay down here and fight this Rointell. I'll get to Adam." And with that he quickly Levitated up to the building as if he were flying. The Rointell growled and went to her original form, getting ready to attack until I slammed into her.

"You need to know who you're messing with before you do any stupid shit." I smirked.

"That's funny, your friend said those exact same words before him demise started to approach." She smirked back and used her tail to "kick" me off.

"You bastard..." Even through my helmet, I could tell that she saw my glare. I wasn't sure what was happening to Adam, but I did know that if any serious damage happened to him...

I'd blow every one of their species to bits and pieces, then send them down to rot in the Nether.

Seto's Pov

I dashed up at the building as fast as I could, my fists glowing a budder colour. Bringing my right fist back, I punched through the wall, colliding into a Rointell on my way. The Rointell was holding Adam by the throat, so when I crashed into her, she dropped Adam. Levitating to a high level in the air is difficult, and even though I've done levitation for a long time, going up this high is still a bit too much. I crashed into the wall with the Rointell, and Adam and the other Rointell looked at us.

"Seto to the rescue! Well, a rescue with a failed landing." I stood up and Adam gave a weak laugh from the floor, struggling to stand up. I began to start over to help him, but I got stuck in a lime colored bubble. It was a poison bubble made by the one Rointell who was still up. I grinned and teleported out, helping Adam.

"Jason is down there fighting a Rointell who took your form." I told him. He looked out the hole I made and saw Jason struggling against her.

"We need-" He winced a bit, closing his eyes to try and hide his pain. "To go down...and help him." Adam choked out.

"If you have the nerve to interrupt what we were doing, you aren't going down there to help him until we're finished with you." The one Rointell who had fallen down was standing up again.

"Over my dead body." I growled, holding onto Adam and launching us both out the hole. The two Rointells scrambled over.

"SETO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" Adam was flailing his arms, freaking out. I tried to teleport us both but it didn't work.