Chapter Four

"Where have you been?"

"We have been worried sick!"

"Guys! Stop!" I interrupted the many voices shouting at me. "I'm okay, okay? I was just with a friend, that's all."

"What friend?" Jake asked with his eyes closed, already knowing the answer.

"Mason." I said and looked down.

"Mason? Mason who?" My dad asked suspiciously.

"Hollis." Jake gave my dad a knowing look and my dad sighed.

"Keith, it's time." My mom said to my dad.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

My family led me into the living room and made me sit down on the couch. My brothers all sat around me and looked down, ashamed. "Ashley, honey, there is something that we never told you, in hopes that nothing would ever happen that would force you into this situation." I stared at my mom blankly, "Just know that we love you so very much and we didn't want to hurt you by hiding this."

"Mom, you're scaring me." I said quietly, looking at my brothers for any indication that they will help me.

Alex, my oldest brother, was sitting on the seat farthest away from me, glaring at the ground.

"Alex?" I whispered, trying to get him to say something, say it was nothing serious. He got up and walked out of the room and went outside.

"We'll go get him." My second oldest brother, Max said, and got up, along with my third oldest brother, Ryland, and my younger brother, Mikey. The only brother that stayed with me was Jake. I looked at him and he grabbed my hand, giving me some kind of calmness.

"Ashley, you used to be in love with the Twilight movies when you were little. You would always say how Bella and Edward were meant for each other, they were soul mates. And whenever Jacob and Bella would have a moment, you would scream and yell at the TV and call him a homewrecker." My dad started.

"At this age, you started to believe in creatures like vampires and werewolves, but we told you over and over again that they were fake. But you-" My mom continued, but I cut her off.

"Guys, I was 8, of course I believed in that stuff who didn't?"

"Let me finish." My mom said with a roll of her eyes. She took a deep breath and continued, my dad grabbing her hand. "We were so adamant about you not believing in that stuff because it is real. Your dad, and your brothers are werewolves. Vampires are real too, but we don't live in a country where they live." I burst out laughing.

"You guys had me scared to death. And you did all this just to tell me a joke? You guys are something else." I got up and began walking upstairs. I heard my dad call me, but I ignored him.

Only my family.