Chapter Thirteen

Ashley

Waking up, the smell of bacon and eggs filled my nose, making my stomach growl. I quickly pulled myself out of bed and left my hair down in it's natural waves. I yawned and scratched my head as I headed downstairs, pulling my blanket with me.

I expected to see my mom in the kitchen, but instead I saw Mason facing me, with his head down as he concentrated on cutting up fruit. I smiled and shuffled behind him, wrapping my blanket covered arms around his waist and resting my face on his back. I felt him quickly cut up the rest of the strawberries before turning around in my arms and shuffling us towards the sink, me now holding on to the front of his waist.

"Someone is in a good mood today," he said washing the strawberry juice off his hands. 

"Leave me alone, I'm tired and sore."

"Yeah, you ran hard last night." I groaned, remembering the sprints from the different ends of the field. Soon enough, his arms circled around me and I sighed, his presence making the pain go away. "But hey, that's why you have nice legs and a nice ass." He said and I gasped, walking away from him, heading upstairs to change. As I walked, I felt him slap my ass and I squeaked and ran back upstairs.

Changing into black spandex shorts and an old tournament t-shirt, I threw my hair up into a loose ponytail, brushed my teeth and headed back downstairs where the smell of food was getting better and better. "Where's my family?" I asked, taking the plate of bacon away from Mason and eating some.

"Don't know, they were leaving when I came over." He shrugged and reached out for a piece of bacon but I slapped his hand away. He sighed and grabbed a fork, beginning to eat his sad eggs. We kept eating, him occasionally asking for bacon, me saying no every time. We soon finished and I placed the dishes in the sink and I turned back around and Mason was gone.

I left the kitchen and found him in the living room, pulling up Netflix and I smiled at the sight of him. His arm reached back and his hand stretched out, inviting me to take it, so I walked up behind him and put my small hand in his big one. I leaned my head against his shoulder and sighed, smiling at how comfortable it was with him. He finally chooses a random movie and I sit on the couch as Mason sprawls out, placing his head on my lap. He sighs and wraps his arms around my legs and I place one hand on his back and one hand on the top of his head, playing with his hair.

As the movie went on, Mason's breathing got slow and his eyes were closing. As he fell asleep on me, I trailed my fingers down his back and drew random patterns and continued watching the movie.

When the movie ended, Mason was deep in sleep and I grabbed the remote off the side of the couch and put on old seasons of Glee and binge watched that until Mason woke up and glanced up at me and glared, before burying his face in my stomach. I laughed and said, "Good morning sunshine."

He grunted and trailed his hands up my legs, making goosebumps follow in their tracks. I shivered and he pulled me down next to him, smashing his lips against mine. I laced my fingers in his hair and pulled gently as his long fingers wrapped around my legs and pulled them up around his waist. I pushed my chest against him and he groaned as I pulled back.

His eyes locked with mine before placing his soft lips on my neck and nipping at my skin. I started giggling and he smiled against me, "Shut up." He said, trying to stay serious.

"I'm sorry." I said, trying to frown, but failing. He started chuckling and I started laughing again and he rested his forehead against my neck as we just lay there laughing. I turned around in his arms, facing the TV and started watching my show again. Once in awhile, Mason would kiss the back of my neck and play with my hair, and soon enough, I began to feel drowsy.

I felt Mason nuzzle his nose in my neck and I was out like a light.

*

I felt Mason's arm tighten around me and I turned around to face him, placing my hands on his chest. "Wow, I've never seen her not act like a rabid animal." I heard Ryland say. I groaned and sat up, Mason's head falling on to the couch, but his arms still wrapped around my waist. He growled and opened his eyes slowly before sitting up, his hair all messed up from me pulling on it.

Oops.

"I'd rather not know what you two were doing before we got home, but Ashley we wanted you to know that Fletcher is coming to stay with us for a little while." Alex said excitedly.

I glanced nervously at Jake and he frowned apologetically at me and looked down.

Please no, no no no.

Mason glanced at me, worried. I guess my face had gotten pale, so I tried to play it off by saying, "Okay, cool."