Chapter Twenty Four

Sitting on the counter in front of him, I rested my elbow on his shoulder and placed my hand in his hair, twirling it around my fingers. His hand trailed down my arm and landed on the side of my butt. His thumb moved in gentle circles and I smiled at his serious face. His face remained emotionless as he looked into my eyes, but I feel his happiness through the bond, even though he was trying to stay cautious.

He was scared that someone was going to walk in, even though it was his house. He didn't want to act cold to me because of the fight we had, but at least he was acting nicer than he was before. Now he shows some emotion to me and he's trying to control his mood swings. He was trying to tame the beast inside.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Like what? This is the way I always look at you. The way I have looked at you since the day that I met you." I pressed a kiss to his temple and he sighed.

"Is it?" I asked quietly.

"Yes." He whispered hoarsely. He continued looking deep into my eyes, until his eyes glanced down at my lips. He slowly began to lean in, but he stopped. I glanced down to look at his eyes and his glanced up to meet mine. I took a deep breath, realizing that this would be the first time we would kiss after the whole fight happened. I nodded slightly, trying to make him understand that I wanted him to do it. He looked away from my eyes and said, "Don't move."

He inched closer and pressed the lightest kiss on the corner of my mouth, doing the same to the other side. He gently rubbed his nose against mine before connecting our lips. This somehow felt better than our first kiss.

My heart was beating rapidly and I pulled him closer, but he pulled away. "I told you not to move."

"And I told you that you can't tell me what to do." I smiled at him and he looked into my eyes.

"I don't know how long I can act this way. I'm always tense and I feel like I'm not giving you all of me."

"Then don't." I whispered, pulling his lips back to mine.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore."

"I love fighting with you, because then you kiss me like this and everything is okay." He pressed a light kiss to my jawline and I smiled.

Finally we're us again.

_

"I'm hungry." Mason said abruptly.

I looked at him with my eyes wide, "Then go get yourself food, you're not incompetent."

"I would but," he began and looked at me from the corner of his eye, "there's no food left in the kitchen."

"Did you check the pack house?"

"I'm not going to go over there just for food." He chuckled.

"Would you like me to go to the store for you?"

"No, but I would like you to go to the store with me." He smirked at me before looking back at his computer and shutting it down. I rolled my eyes at him and sat up on the couch.

_

As I climbed into the truck, Mason stepped in front of the door and placed his hand on my cheek, "I love you." He said with a smile. Instead of answering, I leaned in and pressed a kiss to his cheek before reaching for the seat belt. He shut my door and rounded the car, stepping inside with ease.

After strapping himself in with the seatbelt, Mason switched on the car and headed down the road. His hand easily found mine and he tangled our fingers together, making me smile. We had a good 45 minutes, not counting the additional traffic time, until we were going to be at the store, so we might as well make the most of it.