Chapter Eighteen

Ashley

I wake up and I'm wrapped tightly in a pair of arms that I know all too well. I blush, remembering this morning's events. I move my arms from around his waist to around his neck and I press myself closer to him, enjoying his warmth. I inhale deeply and smell Hawaii and I smile. 

I look up at Mason and see his beautiful eyes closed, his soft lips open slightly, and his bold eyebrows furrowed together. I shimmy myself further up the pillows so that my head is level with his, and I lean in and I kiss his jawline. 

His arms tighten around me and I smile, loving that he wants me close. I run my fingers through his hair before getting out of his hold and putting my pillow in my place. I watch as he rolls onto the pillow and sighs. 

If I were still there, I would've been crushed, thanks Mas. 

Glancing down at myself and seeing that I'm butt naked, I quickly run into the bathroom and jump in the shower. I do my business in there and wrap a towel around me. 

We didn't bring our bags in last night, I remembered. I step out into the bedroom and slide my feet into the flats that I was wearing yesterday and I quickly unlock the car and grab my bags. 

I run back inside and thank God that nobody was out there that could've seen me in a towel. Mason would have flipped. I drag my bag into the bedroom and throw on a bathing suit and decide to grab Mason's sweatshirt and just throw that on over it. 

After I got dressed, I head into the kitchen to cook something for Mason and I to eat because I'm starving which means he probably will be too, because he's always hungry. 

I open the cabinets to see if there was any food stocked up here for us, but there was nothing in there but some plates and cups. I moved over to the fridge and saw some eggs and there was a coffee pot on the counter with little cups of coffee grounds next to it. 

I throw some eggs on the stove and make a couple different kinds of eggs so that there is a bigger variety for Mason to choose from. I made all of the eggs that were in there so I knew that we would have enough for now. 

As the eggs were cooking, I put some coffee in the pot for Mason to drink when he woke up and I poured myself a glass of water. 

Turning back to the stove, I worked on the eggs a little bit more until they were basically ready. I turned the stove off and climbed on to the counter to grab two plates. As I was reaching, the plates were snatched by an even larger hand and I gasped, thinking I dropped the plates. 

I turned my head quickly and saw Mason standing behind me with a smirk on his face. He wrapped one arm around my waist and hoisted me off the counter, placing me on the floor instead. 

"Good morning, sunshine." I said, smiling up at him.

"Good morning, baby girl." He leaned down and pecked my lips. I grabbed the plates out of his hand and placed them on the counter next to the stove. 

"All that was here was eggs, so I just made them." I shrugged.

"Thank you." He wrapped his arm around my waist and placed his hand on my hip, pulling me closer so that he could plant a kiss on my temple. "I love you." He rested his head on top of mine as I put the eggs on the plates. After I finished, I turned around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"I love you too." 

All of a sudden, I felt something hard press against my stomach and I glance down, only to be met by Mason Jr. poking out at me. 

I yelped, jumping away and I covered my eyes. "Put some clothes on!" 

Mason chuckled and put his hand on my lower back, pulling me closer. He put his free hand on my cheek and bit his lip. I watched as his sharp teeth released his lip and his lips pulled back in a smirk. "Oh the difference of you the morning after, compared to last night." He glanced down at my lips and wet his lips with his tongue.