Chapter Fourteen

I leaned back against the tree in the backyard and Mason placed his head on my lap and looked up at me. I smiled down at him and we just sat there looking at each other before he said, "You have really pretty eyes."

I laughed and replied, "Why thank you."

"I really like you." He said shortly after.

"I really like you too." I said, blushing. He raised his hand up and caressed my cheek and brought my head down to his lips. He slowly kissed me and I placed my hand on his face and chest. I pulled away and smiled at him but we were soon interrupted by a familiar voice saying, "Hey babe." I groaned and Mason shot up, almost knocking our heads together in the process.

"Who the fuck are you?" Mason growled.

"Mason, this is Fletcher. Fletcher, Mason." I said uncomfortably.

"If I ever hear you talking to Ashley like that again, I won't hesitate to kill you." Mason said angrily. Mason stood up and pulled me up after him, my shorts hiking up to my upper thigh. I saw Fletcher's eyes trail up and down my legs and Mason glanced at me and pulled my shorts down so they covered what they were supposed to. Then he stood in front of me with his arms crossed, so I couldn't see anything.

"Damn, Ashley. The last time I saw you, I thought you couldn't get any sexier, but I was wrong." Fletcher said and I shivered in disgust. Mason let out a low growl and I placed my hands on his back, trying to calm him down. He tensed up, but stopped growling and I could see his tight fists loosen.

"I advise you to shut the fuck up and walk away before I murder you." Mason said calmly, but there was a threatening undertone and it even scared me.

"And why would I listen to you?" Fletcher taunted.

Mason stepped forward, but I pulled him back by his shirt and he turned and glared at me for stopping him. I saw Alex walking outside and seeing the panic on my face, he hurried over and asked, "What's going on here?"

"I was just chatting with your sexy little sister and anger issues over here is threatening to kill me." Fletcher said, and Alex glared at him.

"First of all, how many times do we have to tell you not to talk about or to her like that? And second of all, I won't hesitate to let Mason kill you if you talk to her like that again. Let's go." Alex grabbed his shoulder and pulled him with him, but on their way inside, Fletcher sent me a wink and Mason growled.

Mason turned around and pinched the bridge of his nose, breathing deeply. I could tell that he was trying to calm himself down. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and placed his hands on each side of my face. "We need to leave." He said calmly.

"Okay." I replied and he gently kissed my forehead before taking my hand and leading me inside. He told me to go get ready while he talks to my brothers and tells them where we are going.

I head upstairs and walk straight to my closet and grab a black lace tank top and a teal skirt and throw them on before putting on my tight Nike Pro shorts under my skirt. As I walked back into my room, I pulled my hair out of the ponytail and I heard the door open. "Mason?" I said, glancing behind me only to see Fletcher shutting the door. I gasped and turned my whole body around to face him.

He stepped closer to me and with every step forward he took, I took a step backward. "That wasn't very nice of you to let that asshole talk to me like that." He said, stalking towards me.