Chapter Ten

Walking out of my last period class was a relief. School was over, and now I got to go hang out with Mason. Heading down the crowded hallway towards my locker, Rynn's group of friends pointed at me and laughed. I, however, just ignored them and kept walking to my locker. I could hear their heels clicking against the floor behind me, following me to my locker. I rolled my eyes, but stopped suddenly when I saw that Mason was standing at my locker with his one arm resting against it and his legs crossed.

Damn he's hot, I thought to myself, approaching him slowly. I heard Rynn gasp and walk quickly in front of me, squealing, before jumping on Mason. I continued walking to my locker, as she clung to him like a baby would cling to its mother. I angrily opened my locker and grabbed all my things.

"Get the fuck off of me." I heard him growl and push Rynn off.

"But babe, you were always one for PDA." I looked at him through my peripheral vision and saw that he was glaring at her, but when he looked at me, his face softened. Rynn trailed her fingers up Mason's chest and purred, "What are you doing here?"

"Picking up Ashley." He looked at me and smiled slightly.

"Ew, why?" Was Rynn's immediate response.

Mason growled and stood up straighter, glaring at Rynn. "One more snide comment like that and you'll be gone." He hissed.

"Why are you acting like this?" She hissed back. She looked between the two of us and her eyes grew wide, "Oh no. Oh God, please no." Mason smirked and stepped closer to me, I glared at him and he looked hurt for a second and he was about to say something before Rynn said, "I think I am going to be sick." She stomped away with her group and Mason looked back down to me.

"Are you ready?" He said quietly, taking my bag out of my hand.

"Yeah, I guess." He swung my bag over his shoulder, and grabbed my hand, holding on tightly, like he was afraid I would pull it away, or disappear. I looked down at our entwined fingers and tried to hide my smile.

*

"Where are we going?" I ask as Mason buckles his seatbelt and turns the truck on.

"My house." He said simply, like it was nothing.

"Woah!" I exclaimed and Mason jumped a little. "Why are we going to your house?"

He smiled and said, "Calm down, we're just going to talk." He quickly drove out of the parking lot.

"That's what they all say."

"They all?" Mason glanced over at me and I smiled.

"In the movies, you dork."

"So tell me what 'they all' do in the movies." He smirked and looked back at the road amused.

"They go to the boy's house and they go to his room and they start of talking and then the boy makes a move and they end up doing something very far from talking that I don't feel like mentioning."

"So stereotypical." Mason scoffed.

"Please, do elaborate." I looked over at him and saw how he glanced at me before sighing.