Chapter Nineteen

"I have a surprise for you," he said, walking into the bedroom.

I looked up at him from my comfortable spot on the bed, where I was sprawled out. "Another one?" I asked, holding my arms out for him to come closer.

He smiled slightly at me and approached me, sitting down on the bed. I wrapped my arms around his waist and my head on his legs. "Yes, another one. I'll never stop surprising you."

"I believe it." He chuckled at me and rubbed my back with his one hand and played with my hair with the other one. "Okay, let me get dressed then." I pushed myself up and slid off the bed, heading towards the bathroom.

Before he left the room, he said, "Hurry up, you don't want to keep them waiting."

Keep who waiting?

-

I got in the car and Mason reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a blindfold. I raised my eyebrow at him and asked, "Do you just keep those lying around?"

"I never know what to plan for when I'm with you." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. He handed me the blindfold and I just stared at it, not putting it on. "Please." He said, referring to me putting it on.

"But why though? I don't like not being able to see where I'm going."

"I know babe, but you'll have to trust me." He slid the blindfold over my eyes and I sighed, resting my head on the window. I felt fingers under my chin, turning my head and lips were on mine quickly.

I pulled away and joked, "Don't take advantage of me."

"I wasn't doing anything you didn't like, baby girl." He purred and my face flushed.

"Just drive." I sighed and rested my head on the window.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Mason." And then the car turned on and I felt us begin to move.

-

After what felt like hours, the car took one last turn and the engine turned off and Mason said, "We're here." I ripped the blindfold off and when the light greeted me eyes, I squinted. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw a big sign that said ZOO and I squealed, unbuckling and jumping out of the car. Mason slowly got out of the car and I ran up to him and grabbed his hand, trying to make him go faster.

"Come on, old man! Walk faster!" I turned around to face him and grabbed his one hand with both of my hands, and pulled, but he wouldn't budge.

"Old man? Ashley, I'm only three years older than you." He pulled gently, making me come closer. I kept my hands wrapped around his one, and he placed his other hand on my lower back, pushing me closer to his chest.

I sighed and placed my head on his chest, keeping our hands between us and said, "Now is not the time for hugs, now is the time to look at animals." I quickly pulled away and said, "Oh my God, do you think they have monkeys?"

Something flashed in his eyes and he said, "I don't know." I gave him a look and he rolled his eyes at me and began walking, and I quickly followed him, making him walk faster. I felt like a little kid pulling their parents at Disney World, when they want to go meet Mickey or something. 

-

We entered the zoo and walked around and they had almost the same animals that you would see in any other zoo. We saw the giraffes and alligators, and then Mason got hungry so we went to get food. We were walking and Mason took out his phone and glanced at the time. His eyes went wide and he muttered, "Shit." He started walking faster, pulling me with him.