Chapter Twelve

I woke up and I felt like I was on a cloud. It was so warm and I don't remember a time that I had ever been this comfortable. The only bad thing was my annoying alarm going off on the other side of me. I groaned and tried to move, but an arm stopped me. My eyes widened and I almost screamed until I remembered last night. I put a hand on my chest, where I felt my rapidly beating heart and I calmed myself down.

It took forever to get out of bed because I had to try and not wake up Mason in the process. But eventually, I did and I placed my pillow in Mason's arms and I saw him pull it closer to him, snuggling his face into it. I smiled and head downstairs, yawning as I went into the kitchen. I saw that both my parents were in there, and they looked like they were trying to hide their smiles. "Morning," I said, rubbing my eyes and opening the fridge.

"Morning, honey." Said my mom, looking up from her tea. "How did you sleep?" My dad coughed a little, and I saw him shut his eyes and cover his mouth.

"Fine?" I said and grabbed a water bottle and some strawberries before heading back upstairs. I shook my head and went into my room only to find that Mason was still sleeping. As I got ready, I ate my strawberries and drank my water. The weather was supposed to be crappy today, with rain and a thunderstorm, so I dressed down in a sweatshirt and some skinny jeans, and I left my hair natural. I put on light makeup and brushed my teeth before heading over to my desk.

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote:

Mas,

I actually had to be productive today, so I'm probably at school by the time you read this. Hope you slept well, after crushing me with your arm.

Ash :)

And with that, I was off to school.

*

During lunch, my phone buzzed, meaning that I was either getting a text or a call. I looked and saw that I was getting a call. I smiled before answering, "Well goodmorning, Sleeping Beauty."

"If you ever compare me to a princess again, I'll kill you." He said seriously.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I grumbled.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I woke up and you weren't there, and there were rogues on the border."

"I don't know what rogues are, but call Trump and tell him to build a wall." Miranda, who was sitting next to me, spit out her juice, laughing and I smiled, handing her a napkin.

"It's not funny." He growled.

I rolled my eyes before replying, "Call me back when you're not mad enough to be mean to me."

I held the phone away from my ear before I heard, "No, wait! I'm sorry, please don't hang up on me. I just need to hear your voice right now."I sighed and he continued, "Just talk to me, say anything, Tell me about your day." I could just picture him rubbing his temples with the phone clutched tightly in his other hand.

I smiled slightly before telling him the high school drama of today.

*

After lunch, it was pretty much a free day because the school had an all grade pep rally, which most people just left during. But I, unlike more than half of the population of my school, love pep rallies because it's just so happy and we all celebrate and stuff.