Chapter Seventeen

Hugging my family goodbye at the airport was a lot more upsetting than I had originally thought it would be. I was only leaving for a week, because of Christmas break, and it felt like I was leaving for a whole lot longer than that. It's not that I was getting nervous about going to Hawaii with Mason, I'm so freaking excited, it's just that I'm used to seeing them everyday, and now I won't see them for a week. 

Mason's family couldn't come because it's not really that big of a deal to them, Mason goes off on his own a lot, because of pack meetings in other countries and states. 

I was leaned over, hugging Mikey when my mom said, "Okay, we should probably head back home. We love you, dear." I nodded and stood up straight, Mason's arm slinking around my waist and I sighed, looking at my family as they waved once more before turning around and walking away. I glanced up at Mason and he smiled down at me, kissing me on the nose and grabbing our luggage and waited for me to turn around with him. 

"We have to go through security and then we can wait for our flight. We have about an hour until we are supposed to board, so we don't really have to rush after we get through security." I nodded and we head off to find where we check in. 

*

"Flight 206 to Hawaii has been delayed two hours, due to a snowstorm. We apologize for the inconvenience." A nasley woman said over the intercom of the airport. 

I groaned and put my head on the back of the plastic chair I was sitting in, "I'm so bored."

Mason put his arm under my head and chuckled at me, "Baby, we've only been here for 45 minutes."

"And now it's been delayed, what time are we supposed to get there now? Will we even have time to do anything? Babe, what if this messes up the whole trip?" I stuttered.

"Calm down," he shook his head and pulled his arm away from my head, and I sat up and looked straight at him, "we'll leave the airport at 11:30, if it doesn't get delayed any longer, then we'll get to Hawaii around 4:30 a.m." He put his hand on my cheek and grazed his thumb on my cheekbone, "Everything will be okay." I nodded and sighed, facing forward again.

Might as well start on the homework that I brought to kill the time. 

*

"Are you hungry? We could go to the little cafe if you are." Mason asked, looking at me as he stood up.

"Is this your way of telling me that you're hungry?" I laughed while closing my book. The corners of his lips quirked upwards and  I stood up and shook my head, grabbing my stuff and we walked to the cafe on the other side of the airport.

We sat down and he ordered two deluxe cheeseburgers and a chocolate shake and I ordered popcorn chicken salad and a shirley temple. "You eat like a bird." He mumbled before taking a monster bite out of his burger.

I rolled my eyes at him and I said, "Not everyone has the stomach capacity that you do, sir." 

He glared at me slightly and I gave him a big grin, and his glare faltered. "I don't like you." He said and continued eating. I just shrugged and sipped on my drink.

Time passed slowly and we headed back to the waiting area where I stretched myself out in my seat and began playing with the loose ends of my sweater. 

Time seemed to drag on and I found myself getting drowsy at about nine pm, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

-

I woke up to Mason shaking me, telling me that it was almost time to board, so we got ourselves ready to get on the plane. Mason grabbed my carry on and I smiled sleepily at him.