3.2 Go crush someone else

~ Mikael ~

Even though I was extremely pissed off at Elija, I did miss his presence. I missed his slow breathing from the other side of the room in the night. I missed his misplaced clothes. I even missed his stupid sexual comments. But not anymore.

"Did you ever get to sleep with that new guy?" I ask him. It's not like I would approve of it, but I'm just curious.

"Randy? No."

"You know his name and you didn't have sex with him? That... certainly is an improvement."

"I know!" He gives me a bright smile.

"Are you being sarcastic or are you seriously glad about that?"

"I thought it might be a good idea if I, uh... tone it down a bit."

"Well, I'll be damned."

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Pat comes strutting in with Seth, Gray and a red-haired girl in tow, hollering, "Good afternoon!"

"Good day to you too, Pat," I reply—in a normal volume, might I add. "What brings you here?"

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" Elija asks.

"Can't we come visit?" Pat says with a pout.

"Uh, sure you can," I assure her, before turning to the redhead. I don't think I've ever seen her before. "Who's this?"

"This is my girl, Gina," Pat says proudly, giving her a side-hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"So, uh... any particular reason as to why we're all here?" I ask Gray and Seth. The latter shrugs and says, "Just to have fun, like we used to. But with some additional people."

I feel like Seth's trying to say something with the words 'like we used to', especially when Gray glares at him, but I don't know what he's talking about. Seth blatantly ignores Gray's angry looks and plops down on the sofa beside me. Or rather, half on top of me. I try to push him to the side, grunting with the effort. "Dude, get off me."

"No, dude, you're warm." He ignores my attempts at shoving him aside—he seems to be ignoring a lot today. Actually, no, it's always been like that.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush me with your huge body. Go crush someone else."

With a sigh, he shifts to the other side of the sofa, where Elija's sitting. I see Gray, Pat and Gina have moved to sit somewhere facing the TV, unperturbed by Seth's antics, but my gaze returns to Seth, who's snuggling up to Elija instead.

"Why do you need to crush anybody at all?"

"Because I'm cold."

"Grab a blanket or something."