4.2 You've got a point

~ Gray ~

Sitting on my bed in deep thought is how I decided to kill time before going on my date with Randy. I know I shouldn't worry, but I keep staring at the ground, thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I could very well not be the man Randy expected me to be and he'd never want to go out with me again. I just have no idea whatsoever how to act during a date. Everyone always says 'be yourself' with these kinds of situations, but shouldn't I be the best version of myself?

"Gray."

I look up to see Seth suddenly standing next to my bed. "Yeah?"

"Isn't it almost time to go?"

I look at the clock on my bedside table and instantly jump up from the bed. Looking down at the clothes I'm wearing, I ask, "Do I look good? Or do I have to—"

"I'm sure Randy will love it. Stop worrying."

"I'm not worrying."

He rolls his eyes. "Yes, you are. You've been staring at nothing for thirty minutes. You're going to be fine, Gray. If Randy didn't like you in the first place he wouldn't have said yes."

"But what if he finds out I'm not who he thought I was?"

"He won't, okay?"

I wipe the dust off my pants with a sigh. "Okay..."

"Now go and have fun. There is nothing to worry about." He starts pushing me to the door, but before we get there, he says, "Wait, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Do you still like Elija?"

"Honestly... I don't know." Before Seth brought Elija up, I had totally forgotten about him, because I was so focused on Randy, but now I'm thinking of him again, the feelings are starting to arise—I just don't know if they're still genuine or if they're remnants... Besides, is it too fast to be over him already? "I hope not," I add. "I don't want to be. I only want to like Randy."

"Well, I guess it's good to see it as a goal to strive towards."

"I don't even know why I liked Elija in the first place. He's totally not my type."

Seth laughs, "You have a type now?"

"Yeah, the doesn't-fuck-every-person-he-sees type, but," I pause and give him a knowing smile, "he likes someone now."

"Is it really true, though? Since he's the fucks-every-person-he-sees type, I find it very hard to believe."

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Doesn't it bother you?" Seth asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Doesn't it make you jealous?"