8.2 That's because you're you!

~ Mikael ~

"What's up with him?" I step aside to look at Gray as he walks away, but there's too many people in the way already. I can only see the top of Randy's head above the crowd until that, too, disappears from my sight.

"Long story," Elija replies, grabbing my wrist to pull me along as he walks to the exit of the building. I have no other choice then to slump after him.

"If you would lower your hand just a bit, that'd look a lot more romantic," Seth says to Elija, who shrugs, before letting go of my wrist and to grab hold of my hand instead. Um, what the fuck is he doing? He just keeps walking, like nothing happened and I stare down at our hands, more confused than I've ever felt in my entire life."Eli, what is this?"

"What?"

I lift my hand, bringing his up with it and look at it pointedly, making wild gestures at it with my other hand, and he asks again, "What?"

"What?" I repeat.

"You got a problem?"

"No... not a problem," I say slowly and he raises an eyebrow, waiting for me to say what is wrong with it then. My mouth opens and closes a few times, unsure of what to say, and I realize that, no, there isn't anything wrong with it at all. Instead, I say, "Your hand is warm."

"This is such a touching moment," Seth says dramatically, wiping away a non-existent tear.

"Yeah, a hand holding another hand," Elija remarks. "Very touching. There's nothing special about it."

"Wow, way to ruin it," Seth grumbles.

"Hey, there's those girls again!" Elija suddenly exclaims, pointing with his free hand at three girls walking together, only a few feet away from us. I recognize two of them as the individuals we were so rude to only a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the third is familiar to us, too.

"And that bitch who was all over you at Woody's."

"Julie," Seth corrects.

Elija rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"I hope they don't see us," I mutter. I'm not looking forward to experiencing such an encounter again. I'm usually not an asshole to people I don't know. Only to my friends. Ha.

"Ah, too late," Seth says cheerily. One of the girls has turned her head in our direction and is elbowing her friends in the side, getting them to look at us. I pull on Elija's hand to hold him back, but he just keeps walking ahead, dragging me along. "Let's just ignore them."

"Eli, that won't work," I groan, tugging on his hand again. Just a few more steps and they will be here. Why do they need to come to us anyway? Do they want to be involved in a conversation with shitty people like us or something? The first time should have been more than enough, right?