0.1 And he's gone

A/N: It's time for a little intermezzo! One entire part dedicated to Randolph, about the time before he met Gray, and about the time after they broke up, so please don't be too confused about the change of setting and characters :D

~ Randolph ~

"Isn't it yours and Zack's anniversary today?" asked Gina.

I looked up from the little shards of glass on the ground that once fit in the big, gaping hole in the side of the bus stop, to see my sister looking up at me. We were waiting for the bus, like every other day after our classes. Traveling together was much better than going alone.

I nodded and immediately thought of my boyfriend, Zack, whom I had been in a relationship with for a whole year already. We had some ups and downs, as many couples do, but it was so worth it in the end. I was very happy and very much in love with him and he with me.

Gina smiled at my expression. "What are you guys going to do? Have a romantic dinner?"

"Probably. I booked a restaurant and I thought we could, you know... have some uh... private time afterwards."

"Oohh!" Gina yowled at the blush on my cheeks.

It wasn't something new to me and Zack. We'd definitely done it before—several times—but I wasn't someone to jump into bed with someone at every opportunity. I knew Zack was a lot more... willing than me, but he respected my boundaries, which made him even more perfect than he already was. The first time we did it was on his birthday. I had wanted to give him the best present I could possibly give him. I remember he kept asking if I was completely sure, while we were lying in the darkness of his bedroom, and I was. No regrets.

"Tell me how it's going with your love life, sis," I asked her, reluctantly pulling my mind from my boyfriend. "You've been... well, you know."

She pulled a sad smile and sighed. Gina hadn't always been very... decent in her relationships. She only messed them up, leaving many broken hearts in her wake—including her own—and after one particular bad break-up, she made herself the promise never to do it again.

"There is someone, actually," she admitted.

"Really? Who?"

"Hmm," she hummed absentmindedly. "A girl."

What?

I was so surprised by her answer that I didn't see the bus coming and Gina had to grab my arm to pull me on the vehicle. It wasn't like I was shocked in a bad way— I mean, I was gay myself, so that would be stupid. I just hadn't expected it. Gina had only ever been into guys. She'd never shown any interest in girls before. "What's her name?" I asked when we sat down together in the last row. Always the last row.