5.2 Do you want to be...

~ Gray ~

It's odd how I can now only think of one thing. I almost lay awake the whole night because of it. The only thing I did was stare at the ceiling with a goofy smile on my face. I have never been so content just being in someone's company. Despite my lack of sleep, I wake up early, as always. I'm just about to knock on Elija's and Mikael's door to see if one of them is awake—since Seth is still sleeping—when Mikael comes walking out. "Oh, Gray, good morning."

"Morning. Where are you going?"

"I'm going home for the weekend."

"Oh, have fun," I say with a smile. "Is Elija still sleeping?"

"Yes, thank God," he says, looking up at the ceiling with annoyance. What is it now with these two? "Go wake him up with a bucket of ice or something," he tells me and walks away before I can say anything else.

I don't intend to wake Elija up with ice or anything of the sort, but exit the apartment building to get breakfast instead and buy some for Elija and Seth, as well—I'm assuming they'll be awake when I get back—and what I'm going to demand in return is answers. It seems there is always something going on with Elija and Mikael these days.

"Uhh, nothing happened," Elija replies.

Seth snorts, almost choking on his food. "Yeah, what I saw was totally nothing," he says, giving Elija a meaningful look.

"What?" I ask. "Mikael went home this morning."

"Ah shit, he's avoiding me," Elija groans, then mutters, "I shouldn't have done that..."

"But it was him, wasn't it?" Seth asks confusedly.

"Yes, I'm not talking about that. I did something... stupid after we came home."

"What are we even talking about?" I exclaim. "I wasn't there!"

"Oh, right," Elija says, turning his attention to me, "you were having your date with Randy. How was it?"

"It was very nice," I say quickly, "but don't avoid my question! What happened yesterday?"

"Mikael kissed him," Seth answers.

I'm silent for a moment, processing the information. "Mikael kissed you? He kissed you... I'm... Why?"

"That's what I asked!" Elija says irritatedly. "He kept saying he doesn't know."

"He's probably just confused," I offer and he shrugs in return.

"But what was the thing you did after that then?" Seth asks. "The stupid thing."

"Nothing," Elija replies, taking a bite of his bread roll.

"For someone who loves to talk about his hook-ups you're awfully reluctant."