3.1 Go with the flow

~ Seth ~

Mikky has finally forgiven Elija, but now Gray is moping around. I can see he's trying to be cheery, but he doesn't really seem to understand that what he's doing is not working at all. He has this habit of spending an unhealthy amount of time watching TV, even though there's usually nothing on. He just keeps watching for hours on end, to keep his mind off whatever's bothering him.

Whatever it is, I know it has something to do with Elija, because he's suddenly refusing to come to his apartment. Since the day we moved here, we've been going over there practically every single day, so you can't blame me for thinking it's strange. What makes it extra strange is that he started doing this after Elija was temporarily staying at our place. So something must have happened in the meantime.

But having a sulking Gray in the apartment is not much fun. In essence, it's not so much of a difference, since he is absent by default, but the whole mood in the apartment is wrong. He's supposed to be happy. He's watching— I don't even know what he's watching and I doubt he knows either, because his eyes are glazed over as he's staring at the screen. The moment I find out it's a documentary about plants—which he fucking loves—I decide to do something about it. Time for him to be happy again.

I snatch the remote from Gray's lap and turn the TV off.

This gets his attention. He immediately jumps up from the sofa and makes an attempt to take the remote back, which fails due to the heigh difference, and then he yells, "Seth! Why did you do that?!"

"Because you're moping. Why are you moping?"

"None of your business!" he snaps. "Give it back."

Gray never raises his voice. He once literally said he'd feel bad if he hurt somebody's ears by yelling at them. There's something seriously bothering him. He's clearly not himself anymore.

So I lift the waistband of my pants and drop the remote inside. Gray's eyes widen, a gasp coming from his mouth.

"Not before you tell me what's going on."

After a moment, he sighs and sits back down on the sofa. "I don't want to talk about it."

"What happened to us sharing all our secrets with each other, no matter how girly it was?"

It's what we always used to say when we were teenagers, somehow thinking it was something boys principally did not do with each other. Talking about our feelings? It was gross.

"It's something I need to deal with on my own," he mumbles vaguely. "I just need to forget about it, really."

"By pretending to watch documentaries?"