0.2 And get out!

~ Randolph ~

There was no one in my family's house, when I got there, and I was glad there wasn't anyone to see me cry like a baby, but at the same time, I was kinda sad about it, because I secretly craved the touch of someone's arms around me. Someone to comfort me and tell me everything was going to be all right. Not that it was. I knew that. But at that moment, I needed to hear those words, even if they weren't true.

I heard my phone ring. Twice. Five times. A dozen times. And then the doorbell started ringing—a continuous shrill tone that made my ears thrum—but I didn't answer either. I knew it was Zack and I wasn't going to open up for him. So eventually, he stopped trying and I sobbed for hours, unable to stop, until my eyes started to hurt and I fell asleep on my bed with a mountain of tissues on the floor beside me.

And that's how Gina found me. She gently shook me awake and I opened my eyes to look up into hers. She instantly asked, "Dolph, what's wrong?"

I almost burst right into tears again, but I managed to take a deep breath before I whispered, "Zack was cheating on me."

Yeah, breathing didn't help.

"Oh, Dolphy, no..." she sighed, wiping the brand new tears off my face. "Are you sure?"

"I'm p-pretty damn sure," I said. "I mean, I-I didn't ask him, but the messages I saw were very obvious."

"You didn't talk about it? Wait, what messages? What happened?"

I told her exactly what happened after I had woken up and she asked again, "So you didn't talk? You just left?"

I nodded. "He called me and I think he stayed at the door for like an hour, but I didn't want to talk, because he'd just be lying, you know? Making excuses and stuff. You know him."

"Yeah, okay, I get you, but don't you wanna hear his side of the story, too?"

"Not really."

She sighed. "Well, I do."

My eyes widened, when I saw her grabbing her phone and calling Zack, but she held the phone too far away for me to be able to reach it, resulting in my falling off the bed, and I soon heard his voice on the speaker. "Gina?" he gasped. "Have you seen Randolph yet? He won't take my calls."

"Yes, I wonder why," she replied drily and I held my breath for Zack's reply, which didn't come for a full ten seconds.

"What does he know?"

What did he mean with that?! Was there more? Were there more men I didn't know about? What the fuck?!

"He knows you cheated on him."