7.1 What is it?

~ Elija ~

I look at the dark-haired guy before me with squinting eyes. Simon Young. He seems familiar. He looks familiar. He sounds... Wait, don't I know that name? "Aren't you Matt Young's brother?"

"Yeah, you know him?"

"He used to be one of my rivals. He would sometimes steal girls from me."

"Oh, you're Elija Grimes, right?" he asks and I nod, hearing Seth sigh behind me. "What do you mean used to, though?"

"I don't really do that anymore," I admit, and in the corner of my eye, I see Mikael giving me a look. I can feel his eyes burning into the side of my face. Is he happy? Good. I'd fucking hope so. I want him to know that I did this for him, and I'd do it all over again. He's all I need.

What the... Since when have I become such a romantic?

"Really?" Simon asks, lifting an eyebrow in amusement. "Why not?"

"Because I love this guy," I say and throw my arms around him, causing him to almost fall over.

"Dude, get off me," he grunts, trying to push me off him.

"I don't think he wants you, Eli," Seth jokes and Mikky scoffs, "Don't be ridiculous."

"Yeah, I wouldn't say that after what happened the day before yesterday," Gray mutters awkwardly, making me tune out for a second, fondly remembering the lovely time I had with Mikael.

It reminds me of the fact that I've been waiting for a second—or should I say third?—opportunity ever since, but Mikky's been rejecting my advances every single time, using homework and other 'important' things as an excuse. It's fine if he doesn't want it all the time, but I kind of have... needs. I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms—as in unwanted boners and no Mikael willing to help me with them. It's honestly quite frustrating. Yeah, okay, I'm a little bit selfish, I know.

Simon's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Matt 'sobered up' as well, I guess you could say. He's got a girlfriend now. They're constantly going at it in the bedroom. It's unbelievable." He rolls his eyes.

"Lucky girl, then. He was good."

"What, Matt?"

"Yep."

"Are you implying...?" Simon asks, trailing off with a confused expression on his face.

"That I slept with him? Yes."

His eyes widen and then I see a grin forming on his face. "Oh my God! That's the best thing I've heard in a long, long while."

"Huh, why?" Gray asks.