Chapter ten: Slowly shutting down

**Double update**

It is nice being with Eric.

But than I do not want to be with him.

It is also nice being alone.

But now I am not so sure.

I was sitting on his couch watching a random show I have never heard of.

He was off in his office. He told me he would be back in a few minutes.

I want to leave this place.

I want to go back to being a rogue.

But now something is stopping me.

But I do not know what it is.

I have been sitting here for maybe five minutes. I am thinking of a plan to escape form Eric.

Do not get me wrong he is gorgeous and damn right perfect. He may be my mate.

But I am a rogue. No alpha deserves a rogue mate. I know he wants me. I want him but then again I want to go back to being my normal life. I am a rogue I have lived that way for the last two years.

I finally got it.

I crept over to his office.

I listened. He was talking to someone but I could not hear them talking back. He must be on the phone.

I walked around his house looking for the back door. Once I found it I slipped through it and shifted.

Ripping the t-shirt and shorts he gave me to wear in the woods earlier.

I started walking around to the front of his house.

I saw it.

The woods. Not to far. Just on the other side of this werewolf infested town. Great.

I started running.

Right through the centre of the town.

I was calling a lot of attention to myself and I turned my head around to see myself being chased by at least twenty other wolves.

I was just about to turn around and speed up when I was knocked to the ground by a strong paw hitting my face.

I picked myself up and turned to were it came form.

A light brown wolf around the same size as me was in the fighting stance.

I quickly sniffed the air and I knew who she was right away.

She was the former Luna of this pack and still held some of the authority of this pack. I knew she would do anything to protect them.

Even if that meant kill her sons mate.

Wait that makes this Eric's mother.

"Oh. Well nice to meet you too. May I call you Mrs. B*tch?" I thought to myself. This was not the way I thought I was going to meet my mates mother.

She charged at me.

The more I thought about it. I did not care who she was.

She was attacking me and I would fight back. Is she dies; well then she dies and Eric wants nothing to do with me and rejects me and I can leave.

Where did that all come from?

I guess it was my rogue instinct.

I was too deep in though to see her jump at me. I fell back lying on the ground on my back with her on top on me.