Chapter 4

-Here you go! First update coming your way :) Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to vote if you do. 

Violet was sitting in stats class with her friends, Elizabeth and Taylor. These were the two girls standing on either side of her when Alex confronted Violet yesterday. She had left her hair open today and they fell in lazy curls down below her shoulders. She hated her hair more than anything. They were neither curly, nor straight. It was as if God had been double-minded while creating them. A pinch of curl, a touch of straight, and that's it.

"Okay so I am going to read out this question from the exercise, and I will ask a student to tell me the formula that we'll be using to get the answer."

Their statistics teacher spoke in his usual formal tone. He was wearing an off-white shirt and gray dress pants. He always dressed dim and dull to maintain the integrity of his subject. He was slim and tall. His hair had begun to thin out from the front and back due to his old age and had turned an unattractive shade of grey.

"God! I am bored." Elizabeth whispered.

She was resting her right cheek on the palm of her hand as she looked towards Violet and Taylor on her left. Her appearance was truly beautiful, jet-black hair that were always perfectly straight. She maintained a great sense of accessories to go with her dresses. Her eyes were arresting and bright. Most guys would die just to get her attention, but rarely did any guy ever have the honor to even sit with her. She had had a crush on Alex for the past two years and had strived every damn day to get his attention. She was the one who had tried her luck yesterday when Violet had walked away from Alex. But like always, the attempt bore no fruit.

"Yeah! We can't even stalk Alex today." Taylor said. Both Taylor and Elizabeth giggled at their own stupid joke, yet Violet didn't find it the least bit amusing.

"You know, there's other important stuff in the world too, besides stalking guys." Violet reasoned,with her hands cupped around her cheeks making them look fat and cute.

"Yeah! Like dating them." Taylor and Elizabeth laughed at Taylor's comment which proved to be a big mistake.

"Yes girls! What's so funny about this class?" The stats teacher retaliated as everybody in the class turned to look at the three culprits.

"Busted." Elizabeth swore under her breath.

"No please, tell all of us what's so funny so we can all laugh as well."

All three of them stared down at their desks, trying to act innocent.

"Okay I suppose you three brilliant students already know the answer to this question," He raised his eyebrows dramatically at the word "brilliant".

"so will any one of you care to explain how will we derive the median of these given values."

"Sir we'll use the formula 'sigma F over n' to derive the median of these given values. We will add them up first, and then we'll divide them by the number of given values to find the mean or average of the data set." Violet answered curtly. She hated it when teachers thought of her as a dull student and made it a point to explain that she wasn't.

Just then the bell rang and everybody picked up their bags as they prepared to flee from the class room. The stats teacher looked at them with eagle-like eyes before finally dismissing his gaze.

"come on!" Elizabeth said as she pulled Violet's arm.

"What's the hurry?"

"It's the school game." Taylor said, almost in disbelief that Violet wasn't aware.