Chapter 15

-Assalam u Alaikum everyone! (Hey) Here you go :) 

Alex got to know Violet more and more with every passing day that he visited her at her house. For example, the fact that her favorite color was blue and that she rarely ever wore makeup. She still hadn't been cleared by the doctors to attend school, and Alex got to know through his sources (Edward obviously) that she had somehow persuaded him to think that she's completely fine and that she can manage to watch Alex's previous match.

He told him when they were alone at school, "I told'er man that she ain't fine. An' that Doctors're not gonna be happy when they get'ta know. But she went like 'Why would they know? We won't tell'em right?' An' then I was gonna argue, but man when lauve is in the air-" Alex had cut Edward off by poking him in the ribs.

He had missed all of this. His best friend, his jokes and company. But most of all he had missed that girl who had become so important to her in this short period of time. He went to her house on one of dad's cars every other day, but he took special care to park the car far away from the house and then reach the main door on foot. He didn't want to be bragging about his money.

Violet, on the other hand, lived a very simple and middle-class life. She lived in a small house with two rather tiny rooms (Violet's was painted blue) and a lounge which always had a frail fire burning in the fireplace. Carpets, unlike Alex's mansion, were rarely anywhere to be seen, and Alex took special care to never enter Violet's room alone with her. Quite contrary to what people might think, he was a gentleman in the true sense.

Today, he had to go at her place to give her Biology notes for the classes that she had missed. Exams were due in a month and she was already a month behind. As soon as she had brought up the topic, Alex had volunteered to lend her his notes. He feared that if he'd take his time, someone else would do that for her, and he was by no means ready to be jealous again.

He opened his floor-to-ceiling cupboard and took out a simple white t-shirt and blue jeans. Then, as fast as he could, he changed and leaved his room. He descended the grand staircase and walked round the glass fountain and out of through the entrance. In front of him, cars (all of them in black) had been parked. He walked to a Mazda RX-7 and waited outside. immediately a chauffeur came up to him with the keys in his hand. He opened the door for Alex.

"It's okay. You don't need to do that for me. Just give me the keys."

"Sir!" He gave Alex the keys and Alex sat in. Immediately, the familiar smell of polished leather hit his nostrils and provided him with a deep sense of calm. Alex had a particular affiliation with this car. Partly because he had learned to drive on it, and partly because it was the cheapest car of the whole lot (which consisted of 8 cars in total.)

Alex turned the key and it's twin-turbocharged rotary engine with 250 horsepower immediately sprang into life. The chauffeur rounded up on the car and opened the door on the other side to sit. This irritated Alex to the most.

"For once, just let me go alone, will you."

"Sir, Master Arthur has given strict orders not to let you go alone."

"Well, then tell Master Arthur that his son is now almost 18 and he needs to let him grow up a bit."

The chauffeur stared at Alex blankly. Who was he to obey? Master Arthur or Alex? But he couldn't, under any circumstances, disobey a direct order by any one of them when they are sitting right in front. So he reluctantly opened the door and got out.

Alex pushed the accelerator and smoothly drove round the enormous garden and towards the main gate. He honked once, and another chauffeur opened the great black metal gate for him. He had been expecting Chris to do it, but he remembered that he'd be inside the mansion right now. He took the car out and lighted a cigarette. There were still things that Violet didn't know, but maybe cigarette was the most unimportant one out of them.