Chapter 21

-Assalam u alaikum! I know I you had to wait more for this chapter so I've been particularly gracious for it. A nice little cute scene in the end :) 

Alex brought his Mazda RX-7 to a halt outside Violet's house and killed the engine. One last time, he looked at himself in the mirror. His blue tuxedo looked to be in sleek condition. The jacket hugged his waist perfectly and the bow-tie was as straight as an arrow. He combed his long golden hair with his fingers before taking a deep breath and exiting the car.

He felt confident in a suit while walking up to the door. A woman could wear her best dress and still be jealous of others, but when a man puts on his suit, he could even ignore David Beckam for a moment.

He pressed the door-bell button and a dull electric buzz sounded. Almost immediately, as if she'd been waiting for him all day long, the door flung open and Violet emerged. It was beauty like Alex had never seen. Her red dress fitted perfectly and fell below her knees. She was holding the heels in her hand. As soon as Alex entered, she rushed towards the closest seat and began slipping on her heels. Her mascara and eye liner made her eyes feel even mesmerizing and deep. Her beautiful lips had been applied with light-colored lipstick. Other girls might apply bright red lipstick to go with the dress, but a bright red dress was already too much for her. She wouldn't have worn it if it hadn't been Alex's favorite color.

Once she had worn the heels, she stood up and examined Alex.

Damn! How does he know I am a sucker for guys in blue tux!

"You look nice today!" She said with a warm smile.

"You too." Alex cursed himself for not complimenting her first. She looked stunning. But while Alex was in the process of thinking, she walked up to him and he stood up. Her hands moved up to his collar and straightened the bow-tie. Maybe it wasn't as straight as an arrow.

Alex, who was completely taken aback, did not know how to react so he didn't react at all. Violet retreated inside the house and Alex was left listening to the distant sound of her heels clinking softly against the floor.

"Bye mom!" She came out of a room, waving at Mrs. Brown inside.

She looked taller with the heels on. Their height difference had been lessened with it, yet Alex still had a margin of a couple more inches.

They exited the house and started walking on the pavement. Violet held Alex's arm through their short journey towards the car. But only one thing was bothering Alex; His reality was going to be disclosed on her in a few moments.

Alex shoved his free hand into his pocket and pulled out the keys. He pushed a button and a soft thud sounded of the doors unlocking. Violet looked with an expression of pleasant amazement.

"That is your car?"

"Um yeah. It is."

"And you drive it?"

"Yeah." Alex was not sure if he was supposed to smile so he kept a straight face.

They sat and breathed in the polished-leather environment. Alex turned the key and the engine sprang to life, drowning the environment in a low hum. Violet was examining the car with much interest.

"Seat belt." Alex said. "Better be safe than sorry." He just couldn't help but care for her.

Alex began driving his way through the roads swiftly. His masculine hands were moving smoothly over the steering wheel. While he was half-way through, a sudden urge to smoke hit him. He could reach inside his pocket and take a cigarette out, but he didn't want to disclose this on her yet. There was much more to be disclosed, and smoking was most unimportant out of them.