Chapter 32

They stopped momentarily in front of Stuart's mansion, whose main gate slid open to let them in. The car in which Charles had been brought had arrived at his place half an hour ago. He had dressed in a plain white t shirt and jeans, trying to keep the meeting as casual as possible. His lone suit was reserved only and only for his saturday dates.

A mixture of feelings whirled in his chest. He was feeling this way after many years. What was it exactly, that he could not pin point. But he thought it was a shade of anxiousness. Like a deep black whole was stretching through his chest. He wasn't afraid, that was for sure. Fear is for those whose life is dear to them. He had stopped living for himself fifteen years ago. He had died, the moment he had left behind his identity as Alex.

But another feeling rose to the surface of his mind among the swirl of emotions as the gate opened to let them in. He was stepping foot in Stuart's mansion. He was going to face him today after fifteen years. Anger and anticipation took over his mind, but he willed himself to stay calm. He had spent so much time setting up his plan, he could not blow it up in a single day.

As if these feelings weren't enough, amazement rose higher as soon as the car drove in. Every where he saw, greenery met his eye. Artificial hills zigzagged through the land on either side of him. They continued forth and reached a round-about in which a marble angel stood with one of it's hands clutching a bow and the other reaching for an arrow at its back. A Blue signboard stood beside the driveway indicating places with arrows.

The arrow indicating straight, read "Mansion" The one to the right "Lodging" to the left "Sports and gym." And the one indicating right back at them had "Entrance" Written over it.

"You've got basketball here?" Charles grunted. Fifteen years and he hand't touched one.

"Two courts. Indoor and outdoor." Said a bright-voiced young gunman. His golden hair reminded Charles of him back in the day.

They drove straight ahead to where the arrow had indicated Stuart's mansion. Charles caught glimpses of people strolling in and out of a single-storey but very conspacious building on their left. He stared at them with much interest.

"That's the gym." This time it was the second, older gunman who spoke. Charles nodded vaguely. When he looked back ahead, he could see it right in front of him. Another marble fountain with clean sparkling blue water spurting from it's pointy end and falling in the large bowl below stood in front of the great white marble building that gleamed in it's white beauty under the shining sun.

"Come on. Tour's over." The gunmen ushered Charles out and his little bubble of amazement was burst as he was brought back to reality. He forced himself to remember that he was here to meet Stuart because he happened to be mad at Charles. He could just as easily shoot him dead in another ten minutes. The realization of it all began to set in him and he started thinking of ways to get past this hurdle.

The gunmen walked with him towards the wooden door at the front. He had to beg for mercy today if he wanted to live. There was no other way. Or else, all his efforts would bear no fruit and he'd die from the same person that killed Violet and Chris. But no, he would not beg for mercy. He would not submit himself to Stuart. He would not in a million years show any sign of weakness.

The flame in his chest rose higher once more and his blue eyes burned even bluer. They entered and found themselves in a reception with a magnificent glass chandeleir hanging in the middle which illuminated the wooden reception desk and waiting chairs and tables with pale yellow light. By now, Charles was too submerged in his wrath to admire the beauty of it.

"Mr. Stuart asked for this guy." The young gunman spoke in a formal yet flirtatious tone to the young and incredibly pretty blonde that sat behind the reception desk. She returned the favor back with a contemptuous look at him before staring down at the computer screen in front of her again.