Chapter 22

-It was really hard to write this in the last few days. Colleges have opened and there's minimum time, but I've still managed to just complete it. Will be uploading in 4-5 days now.

Alex led Violet back downstairs, not leaving her hand all the way. He made her feel like a kid who's being given all the love in this world. When she had first saw him at school, she had no idea that Alex was so loving, caring and honest. From a distance, he looked like a selfish brat, but he was equally soft in reality and understanding in nature. She thought, as they descended the grand stairs, that people never understood Alex. They'll like him even more once they realize what he truly is.

But then a selfish thought hit her as they rounded upon the glass fountain. She didn't want everybody to like him more. He was her bestfriend, and she loved special treatment from him. She didn't want that to change. She didn't want to lose him now that she had fallen in love.

They exited out into the open. More people had now gathered in the lawn and soft music was playing. The lights had been dimmed and here and there Alex found people using them to their advantage.

Alex and Violet reached the wooden dance floor in front of the stage which was still empty but for the instruments that were placed on it.

"So, care for another dance?" Alex asked with a smug grin.

"I don't know..." She had decided to tease him a little before giving him what he wanted.

Alex put an arm around her waist and pulled her body against his in one swift tug.

"So... You were saying?" Violet's mouth fell open but Alex's voice still seemed to be under-control.

Violet smiled and looked down. He moved his lips closer to her ears and whispered in a seductive tone.

"I'll take that as a yes!"

So they began moving together, mantaining their eye-contact all the way through. The music picked up and so did Alex. He pushed Violet away, holding her right hand with his left, and then turned her inwards so her back hit against his chest while his arms were wrapped around her waist. Violet's heartbeat rose to an insane rate as Alex breathed close to her neck sending zingy feelings down her spine.

It was when an extremely attractive yet irritating girl in a tight-fitted tea-pink dress emerged from the back, patting Alex rather hardly on the shoulder, when Alex hastily left Violet to turn around. He hadn't quite expected her to be here.

"W-what are you doing here, Elizabeth?" Astonishment quite clear in his voice.

"Oh Alex dear!" She put her hands on his shoulder and began to caress. "I thought you might want to have a dance." She was now pulling him closer when the saviour arrived.

Edward came from behind and pulled Elizabeth into a dance with himself. It was a rather peculiar sight- a short chubby guy dancing with a tall and attractive girl, who by no means, wished to join him. Elizabeth tried to pull away but Edward was now showing sick moves. His backside was shaking like mad and he was twisting Elizabeth with utmost vigour.

It was very hard for Violet and Alex to keep themselves from laughing and for others to refrain from staring, but clearly neither fo them were completely successful in the task. Elizabeth pulled away and muttered "jerk". How could Alex ever repay this guy, seriously.

But Edward wasn't stopping, he was still moving madly as now he had made his way towards Alex and Violet.

"Come'o Alex. Show me yur moves." Edward challenged him. His hands were now balled into fists which were tracing cicles in the air. While both of them looked on at the scene with awkward silence, Edward took off his jacket and began wildly swinging his arms while holding it above his head.