11: Aw, it really does never stop talking

Then after walking, we finally meet the blonde, redhead, and of course the nerd who was being held captive by the vampire.

"Get off him!" I shouted as I enter the room, with a blade in my hand, all eyes were on me.

"Put that away!" The vampire warned. "I'd love to cut his throat. Don't give me a reason." He added. Clary was about to grab her blade but was stopped by the vampire. "Now if you would all just follow me." The vampire, who was by the way still holing onto Simon insisted us to follow him, bitch naa.

But it turns out the whole group followed this blood sucker bitch and I did too, eventually.

"Look, we're not gonna hurt you, we just want Simon." Clary said steadily.

"We don't, we wanted you." The vampire said.

"Well, here I am." Clary said through her gritted teeth and Jace had stop her.

"Stop! I said wanted!" The vampire said. "Now go! Get out!" He said, referring to the door.

"But Simon-"

"Go! Take him!" The vampire pushed Simon and Clary caught his hand. We opened the door and I relieved as soon as the sun hit my skin, God I missed the sun.

Clary had her arms all over Simon, I looked over to Jace who was rolling his eyes.

"It's actually over.
I was so afraid I would lose you.
But it's true, you're actually here.
You know I'd do anything for you." Clary said and I smiled. Their friendship was strong, and Simon's love for Clary was stronger.

"You're all I have left." Clary added and instantly, Simon got his cheeks reddened in which I laughed at. Simon flicked his eyes at me and I put my hands in the air, surrendering.

As soon as Clary pulled away from the hug, Simon had his arms opened while looking at me who was crossing my hands.

"Oh c'mon, you know you miss me." He grinned while wiggling his brows and I rolled my eyes along with a smile before accepting his hug.

"I'm glad that you're okay." I said.

"Of course I'll be okay, I'm a man remember?" He said while chuckling and I laughed at him.

"Look can I just say one thing?" I heard Alec said.

"You will, whatever I say. So shoot." Jace said, Alec took Jace to the corner. I was still hugging Simon because he was like a brother to me, a brother that I never had. The conversation between Alec and Jace didn't last long, they went back to the circle.

"We should get going," Alec said, sounding annoyed. No surprises, he's always been like this. Alec darted his eyes at me looking all annoyed and shit. I sighed before pulling away from the hug.

➰➰➰

When we all got back to the institute, the others went to their rooms to have a rest. I on the other hand, went and look for Hodge.

I've looked everywhere, but I couldn't find him. The library was the last placed I checked.

I ran my hands trough the books and kept walking inside. I looked at the big table in the center of the room, and noticed an old book, it must be the book all about runes.

The Book of the Grey.

I opened it and I was right, I flipped through the pages and saw the promise rune. It was everything that Izzy has told me, nothing new. I sighed and closed the book.

"Valerie?" I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Clary. "What are you doing here? It's late." I sat down on the chair and she did too.

"I.. I figure I could get some information about this.. Promise rune, and so far no accomplishments." I said and she nodded her head slightly.

"I grew up wishing my dad was still here, with me." She started. "But now.. Knowing that Valentine is my dad.." She looked at me. "Be careful what you wish for."

I went to my room, I threw my jacket onto the floor and I jumped on my bed and I hugged my pillow. Cold sheet, cold pillow = heaven.

I shut my eyes with a smile on my face. But that smile faded away when I heard the others came into my room while talking very loudly.

"Why can't we all just get along and live happily ever after?" I rolled over, facing who are I now call friends. It was Izzy, Jace and Clary.

"We gotta move," Clary said and I groaned.

"Izzy, go wake Alec. We might have a lead on The Mortal Cup." Jace said and Izzy nodded her head.

"We've got to go, we're meeting with a warlock named Magnus Bane." Clary said, taking my blanket and I flinched when she did that.

"Look at you, looking like a centipede with a mental illness." A voice said while entering my room, the one and only, Salty Alec.

"Aw, it really does never stop talking." I fired back and he rolled his eyes at me. I stood up from my bed and grabbed my jacket, holding on to it.

"This girl, I swear," I heard Alec mumbled.

"Val, I think he's responsible for my memories." Clary said.

"Magnus' magic is so powerful, he can invade even the Silent Brothers. If he's the warlock that took her memories he could be the key to everything." Jace continued and I nodded.

"If it's anything to get your memories back, I'm down. Because I've made promise to protect you." I said while getting up. "And I'm keeping that promise." I smiled and Clary returned the smile.

"Oh and by the way, what kind of name is 'Magnus'?" I raised my brows, and everybody laughed.

We were interrupted by Izzy coming to the room in rush. "The mundie's leaving."

Clary and I were looking at each other with our eyes widened. I got off my bed and Clary and I were ready to leave the room. We earned a groaned from both Alec and Jace.

"How can one mundane be such a pain in my ass?" Jace muttered.

➰➰➰

hell just started a week ago and omg im sorry i havent updated in awhile.

you should be expecting another update soon!

thanks for reading x