12: He's just like Kirk Duplesse from high school

"Simon!" I called for his name while running.

"Simon what are you doing?" Clary grabbed him by the arm.

"I already told Isabelle, they can't keep me prisoner here." Simon jerked away and headed towards the door.

"Prisoner? Wait, what Simon! Where are you going?" Clary ran after him and I did too.

"I'm going home, Clary.
And if you haven't already completely drunk their Kool-Aid, then you're coming with me. You too, Val." Simon turned himself to face me.

"You know I can't." Clary said.

"Simon, we can't go with you. You know that." I said, feeling a bit guilty.

"Yes, you can, It's not safe here."

"In fact, this is the safest place they could possibly be." Jace interrupted, blocking the main entrance door with his arms crossed.

"You don't get to talk to me, Captain America." Simon stepped forward. Oh Simon.

"Considering I'm the guy with the weapons, I get to say what I want."

"Okay, come at me, bro!" Simon threatened and I hold him back.

"Oh, yeah?" Jace said, taking a few steps forward.

"Yeah!"

"Hey, what is your problem?" I asked Simon while standing in front of him. Simon makes the silliest mistakes, I have always been the one who stops him from doing it.

"He's my problem! He's just like Kirk Duplesse from high school.
Do you guys remember him? Total jerk with the square jaw.
Smelled like body spray, always bullying people. Why don't you do your own homework? Just once, yeah?" Both Clary and I looked at him in guilt.

"I can take care of myself." He added.

"Look, if you go home right now, you're putting your mother, and your sister, and even Maureen at risk. Think about them." Clary said, while holding onto his hand.

"I am thinking about them." Simon said with frustration.

"Are you?" I asked with a bit of annoyance.

"Yeah. Because if everything you've said about the Shadow World's true, they're already in danger, and I need to be home to protect them."

"Simon.." Clary tightened her grip.

"Come with me. We can crash at my place. We can figure all this out." He said, while looking at the girl of his life.

"Simon.. I don't know how to explain this, okay? But I think I think these are my people." Clary said, while looking at the Shadowhunters.

"Message received, loud and clear."

"Simon, wait! Simon!"

➰➰➰

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century." Hodge explained. We were all looking at the screen, with Magnus on it.

"His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive." He added and I couldn't stop staring at his wrist. I really want to ask him about us having the same runes, but I was so scared that he might hurt himself again, just like before.

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary commented while sitting down, which snapped me back out off my thoughts. Geez, I've been thinking a lot lately, I might age real fast.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder.
Vampire?" I asked her.

"Ever seen him in the daylight?"

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke." Alec interrupted and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Someone needs to get slayed." Izzy said.

"He reminds me so much of that famous Grumpy Cat." I said while tapping my chin.

"And you, reminds me so much of that girl that never shuts up." Alec said and I smacked his shoulder.

"Alec's right." Hodge said. "We need to focus."

"Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." As soon as Hodge finished explaining, and I finally manage to take my eyes off his wrist, I asked.

"Alright, so how do we find him?"

"We don't, Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting-"

"From what I hear, the guy likes to party," Izzy said, she took the pad from Hodge and swiped a party poster to the monitor screen. "So, a Downwolder rave." She grinned.

"Nice, Izzy." Jace said.

"Come with me." Hodge said. He then led us to the training room. He used his rune to opened a secret hiding spot. He took a very pretty necklace.

"A four-karat, unheated Burmese ruby. And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt.
price of his London townhouse.
Now, the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons."

"It's so beautiful." Izzy said as Hodge gave it to her.

"Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him.
He might just take the bait."

this chapter's sort of a filler lmao but im double updating cause ive been away for too long

school started just three weeks ago and ive been pwetty busy, but hey i luv wattpad and i'll try to write more chapters :)

luv yall

AND WTF WHAT WE REACHED 500+ READS WE ARE JUST A HALFWAY FROM 1K AND OMG YAS THANKS YALL