24: Whoa, you make the decision on who goes with who now?

just finished exams sorry for the long ass update i was stressing the hell outta my tiny ass brain and plus my man was acting up (still is) ok bye enjoy!!

✨✨✨

I pulled away and I couldn't believe what just happened, Alec seemed to be on the same page as I was. Someone then cleared their throat, it was Magnus.

"Magnus.. Hey, what do you need?" I asked, getting off any physical contact with Alec.

"I'd like to speak with you." He said and I nodded my head. "Alone." He looked at Alec who had his brow raised.

Magnus took me to the back, and closed the door.

"The letter," He said. "I assume you have found it." He said and I nodded my head.

"But why me? Why not Clary? She's technically also a Morgenstern." I said.

"Because Valerie, you were born to do this. Ever since your father found out about Luke and Jocelyn, he became aggressive. He then met your mom, Angela. And things started to went downhill from there." He said and that caught my attention.

"Angela was pregnant with Valentine's baby. Valentine uses Angela for a distraction only, he didn't want any of this to happen. He even tried to kill you when your mother was asleep. He didn't want anything to hold him back from ruling the Shadow World. He thought, emotions are nothing but a distraction." Magnus explained, I crossed my arms together.

"S-so.. Valentine and my mother never got married?.." I asked and he nodded his head.

"Angela was hiding you for about a year, until he found you again. But this time, at a different purpose. He wanted you." He said and I widened my eyes. "He wanted you to come with him, Angela told me that she heard him say that he wanted to raise you as his child."

"God only knows what would happen if my mom did let him raise me." I sat down on the floor with my legs crossed.

"He tried to take you away from your mother, Valerie. He named you Valerie because 'Vale' for his name, and 'rie' for Marie, your mother's middle name. He didn't want anyone to know that he got Angela pregnant."

"Sounds like I'm in a sort of.. Tv show, don't you think?" I let out a small chuckle and he did as well. "What was my mother?.. What family bloodline?"

"She's a Lovelace. Most Lovelace's have quit from being a Shadowhunter and so does your mother. That pretty much explain how she have hidden you excellently well for blending in as a mundane for years. She hasn't use that name since forever, so she switch to Castle. And that's why, you are legally a Morgenstern."

"Valentine and Angela told me to cast a spell on you, to take your memories away. He wanted me to erase everything that were related to him. Until the time is right."

I sighed before looking down at my feet. "Out of everyone in this world, why me?"

"Because Valerie, you are the strongest, fiercest. You and your father are the only Morgensterns left. And, also from what I heard, feistiest. And not to mention, you have an effect on people. You managed to get that grump dude to kiss you aw," He said and I felt my cheeks reddened.

"That would be it today, I'm gonna check on Luke and Clary." He said, before opening the door again, revealing Alec who was hugging Jace.

I guess the boys are back.

➰➰➰

Clary was talking about how she knows where her mom hid the cup. It was on one of those tarot cards.

We were on our way to the police station, Clary, Jace and I. Luke told us to stay outside.

"Hey, you okay?" Clary asked and I jumped. "You seem down, what's up?" She asked and I sighed.

"Clary there's something that I need to tel you-"

"Just so I'm clear, he did mention something about trying to avoid attention, right? From the looks of it, he's doing a terrible job." Jace said and our attention went to Luke who has being handcuffed, and a few people were surrounding him.

"Okay, we need a new plan." I look back at my friends.

"We can glamour ourselves, Luke said it's not safe here." Jace warned and I sighed in annoyance. "I'm gonna call for backup." He added

"Wait, I think I've got an idea." Clary said with a grin.

"A good plan this time?" Jace asked.

"90%." Clary smiled. "Just follow my lead. Oh, and I apologize."

"Apologize for what?"

"The other 10%."

➰➰➰

Clary went inside with Jace while I wait outside. I was checking the perimeter, and while checking the perimeter I could've sworn I saw a tall man standing while holding a seraph blade.

A shadowhunter?

I decided to take a look, I walked towards the man who was so so far away. I was so focus at the man that I bumped into someone without noticing.

"Earth on Valerie?" I heard Izzy said. I darted my eyes to the person I bumped to and saw Alec.

"S-sorry I.. I swear I saw a Shadowhunter just underneath that tree.." I said, while looking back at the man, but he was gone.

"What?" Alec said and followed my gaze. "Who?"

"I don't know, he was tall, blonde and was holding a seraph blade."

"You know what? I'm gonna bring Alec with me next time.
I don't think he's ever slapped me in the face." We turn our gazes to Clary and Jace who was walking up to us.

"I'm sorry, I panicked." Clary sighed.

"Someone call for backup?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah." Jace said. Jace was explaining a plan, he said that it would be easier if we split tasks. "Let's go Clary." Jace said.

"Whoa, you make the decision on who goes with who now?" I asked while raising my brows.

Jace sighed. "Yes, Clary's coming with me. You, with Alec and Izzy." He smiled as if he has planned this.

"You heard him, c'mon lovebirds." Izzy said and Alec looked away, trying to hide his reddened cheeks.