⏳ Day 11 ⏳

Aaliyah P.O.V

"She's crazy! He's never gonna believe me now!" I yelled pacing around in circles. Maurice sighed. "Liyah-" "And the fact that she's getting away with it and I'm the bad guy" I shook my head.

"Aaliyah-" "He's so stupid! She's using him and-" "Aaliyah!" I frowned and looked up at Maurice. "You didn't have to shout" I said.

He sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Yes I did...you need to stop stressing remember?" I sighed knowing he was right.

"Yea" I mumbled. He grabbed my chin making me face him. "Don't worry about him. If he's truly your friend he'll believe you" I sighed nodding my head in agreement.

"You're right" he smirked. "I'm always right" I playfully rolled my eyes. "You get on my nerves"

I sat down on the sofa wrapping my arms across my chest. "That's my job Ma" he said sitting beside me. I looked up at him and smiled.

"You always got the right words to say don't you" He shrugged. "So tell me something" I started. "What's yo story?" I asked. He stared at me for a couple seconds before looking away.

"My story?" I nodded my head. "Yea.." Maurice licked his lips sighing. "Well you already know im from Atlanta" I nodded.

"I grew up at a foster home.... When I turnt 18 I moved up here" "What happened to your moms?" I asked. He paused for a second. "She died giving birth to me and ion know who my father is" I was silent.

He ran a hand down his face looking at me. "Well that's my story...what about you?" He asked. "I moved to Cali a couple years ago for New York after I graduated from nursing school"

"What's your favorite thing to do?" He asked. I smiled. "Singing" Maurice raised a brow. "You can sing?" I nodded. "Yea...why you look so surprised?" I asked sitting up a little. He shrugged.

"Ion know you just seem like the quiet type of person." I nodded slowly. "I get that alot" I mumbled. Maurice smiled and stared at me. "What?" I asked.

He leaned in and pulled me into a soft kiss. I closed my eyes and began to kiss back wrapping my arms around his neck without thinking.

Eric P.O.V

"Sir I'm just trying to help." Nurse Madison said holding up the cup of medicine. "I told yo ass ion need that shit! Im dying anyway" I yelled. She groaned and sat the cup of medicine down.

"Fine" She said. She turnt around. "You won't take your medicine I'll find someone who will make you" I flipped her off and watched her walk through the door. I rolled my eyes and sat back grabbing the TV remote.

Aaliyah P.O.V

I opened my eyes and frowned once I heard the phone ringing. I sat up a little pulling the covers over my chest.

"Who is that?" Maurice asked. I shrugged. "Ion know" I said. I picked up the phone and placed it on my ear. "Hello?" I asked. "Yes. Miss Haughton?" I frowned.

"Uh, yes?" I asked. "This is Dr. Valentine from Trinity Hospital.... We have Mr. Wright here he's not taking any of his medication" he said. My frown deepened.

"Why not?" I asked. "I'm afraid I don't know Miss you were one of the emergency contacts that actually answered. We were hoping if you would come down and talk him into taking his meds"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "I can't make him take his pills" I said. "I know..if you would give it a try it would be very generous." I scrunched up my nose a little.

"Fine...I'll do it. I'll be there in 10 minutes" I mumbled. "Thank you" I hung up the phone and rested my head on the palm of my hand.

"Who was that?" Maurice asked wrapping his arm around my waist. I sighed. "Trinity hospital.... Eric isn't taking his meds so they called me" I said. Maurice frowned.

"Why'd they call you?" He asked. "Apparently he has me as an emergency contact" I said. Maurice sucked his teeth. "Wow..how serious were you two?" He asked. I frowned.

"What makes you think we were together?" I asked. "How y'all always arguing, how your in his business all the time" I frowned.

"How he looks at you...and how you look at him" I was silent. "Ion have time for this" I mumbled standing up. "I'm just saying.... Ion wanna be no side piece-"

"He's dying Maurice" I said cutting him off. He shut his mouth. I shook my head walking into the bathroom. "So please, ask questions before you start assuming shit aight?" I asked.

Maurice stood up slipping his boxers on. I was about to close the bathroom door until he walked in pinning my body against the sink.

"Fine but do you love him?" He asked. I was silent. "Do you?" He asked again. "If you do.... I can stay out yo way you don't have to hear from me again" I sighed.

"Yes..I do love him. But it's nothing I can do about it. He's sick" "So if he wasn't you would be laid up in his bed right now?" He asked. I licked my lips.

"I'm not gonna answer that" I said. He scoffed and nodded. "It's cool" he looked me up and down before stepping back and walking into the room gathering his clothes. I opened my mouth to speak but shook my head slamming the door.

"You don't have to be here" Eric mumbled. I shook my head. "I honestly don't.... They called me and apparently I'm in your emergency contacts" I said wiping his arm with an alcohol pad.

"You're not the only name that was" he said. I nodded. "Yea I'm also the only one that answered or decided to come" I said. Eric was silent. I had more that I wanted to say to him but I just kept it to myself.

This whole situation is stupid and I just need to be alone. After I stuck a band aid on his arm I grabbed his pills and handed them to him. Eric looked me up and down.

"What you got on? Chanel?" He asked. I ignored him and opened his water bottle. He squinted his eyes trying to figure me out.

"You got a little nigga on the side don't you?" He asked. I frowned. "I don't know what your talking about" I said. Eric smacked his lips.

"Bullshit..don't lie to me" I rolled my eyes. "Right...cause I'm such a liar." I mumbled.

"You are...why can't you just tell the truth for once? Its not gonna hurt" I ignored him and handed him his bottle. He looked at it and slapped it out my hands.

I clenched my teeth. "You can't answer my question?" He asked. I took a deep breath and sat his pills down before slowly turning around. Eric grabbed my wrist and stood up.

"You just gonn' walk away? I asked you a damn question Baby girl" "Let me go" I warned. I looked down at my wrist. He looked down at it and slowly let it go.

"You think it's easy for me to say that I loved you even when I knew you could be gone any day now?" I asked.

"Sue me for seeing other people Eric but if you're gonna get jealous over little shit then don't say anything to me" I said. He scoffed. "And about Tomica...." I started. "Why the hell would I lie to you about that?" I asked.

"Really think about it Eric, I don't even know the girl" I said. He was silent. "Like I said you too far up her ass you'll believe anything she says" Eric sighed. "Liyah-"

"Nah fuck you E....foreal you don't love me...and I hate that I love yo wack ass" I said. He licked his lips and looked away.

"Do me a favor and just take those pills" I said. I grabbed my purse and walked out the door.

******

Vote/Comment

Excuse the mistakes!