⏳ Day 16 ⏳

Aaliyah P.O.V

"So now you believe me?" I raised a brow waiting on Eric's response. He was at the hospital cafeteria having lunch when he called me and he finally took his head out of Tomica's ass for once.

"Yes..I do I should've known you wouldn't lie about something like that" I nodded. "Okay so what gave it away?" I asked folding my arms across my chest.

He sighed. "When you told me you seen her at a restaurant I didn't tell her where you saw her at...she just told me" I scoffed a little.

"When I say I apologize-" I waved my hand cutting him off. "Nah don't even..." I sighed. "Its okay" Eric nodded taking a bit of his sandwich. "You don't wanna hit me or anything?" He asked with a smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"As much as I want to..no im not gonna put my hands on you" I said. Eric nodded. "But I do wanna ask you this" I started. Eric nodded again giving me his full attention.

"This probably isn't any of my business at all..and might be out of my head right now but...." I bite down on my bottom lip. "Were you infected?" I asked. Eric frowned a little.

"I-infected?" I nodded my head. "Yes" Eric stared at me for a couple seconds then bust out laughing. I frowned wondering what was so funny.

"You funny. Nah your hilarious" My frown deepened. "So....you got this disease from having unsafe sex?" I asked. Eric licked his lips and nodded. "Yea" I sighed and looked down.

"Babygirl-" "I was hoping my theory was right....that-that you wouldn't just go around fucking every female you lay your eyes on. That those rumors weren't true" Eric was silent.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks but they kept coming. "That..if you were infected we can find a cure somehow or a medicine that can slow it down and you wouldn't have to leave me" I said looking up at him.

Eric sighed scratching the back of his neck. "And maybe... Just maybe we could be together" I said. Eric reached out for my hand but I snatched it away.

"Nah...don't" I said. Eric sighed. "You knew where I was gonna end up Liyah when you told me you loved me" He said. I nodded my head. "Yea..I did and I wish I never took that job" I said. Eric frowned.

"You don't mean that" I stood up wiping my face. "Yes...I do I'm sorry" I said. Eric said something else when I walked away. I just ignored him and got out of there.

"I never should've taken that job" I said barring my face in my pillow. Juliet rubbed my back. "Go ahead and tell me you told me so" I mumbled looking up at her. Juliet shook her head.

"I'm not....but I know since you've been with him he's been better..living longer" I was silent. "You can't make him live forever....but you could make him happy and love him"

*******

Vote/Comment

Excuse the mistakes!