Promises

Tracey's pov

I ran down the steps, hid my face from Alyssa, said goodbye and went out the house.

I made my way down the road with tears down my face.

Why does he act like he cares so much, we both know he doesn't.

Its 9:30 so my guardians are asleep, I got to walk to get home.

Why does he try to pry. I mean he may be my 'partial' friend but I don't have to tell him anything.

I walk up the block when a familiar red motorcycle pulls up next to me.

He pulls off the helmet.

"Tracey, I'm sorry."

Silence.

"I didn't mean to get in your business."

Silence.

"Your my partial friend and your only going to hear me say this one time. I kinda of in a way care about your well being."

"That's not what bothers me, its why?"

"I don't know why."

"What do you mean you don't know."

"I don't know why I just do

okay. Why can't you just tell me, I

want to help you but you won't allow me."

" I can't, didn't we establish this at your house I just can't alright. I'm not your fucking project you don't have to try and figure me out. Leave!"

"Alright."

Now I kinda feel bad.

He put his helmet on and was about to leave, when I tapped his helmet.

He took it off and looked at me.

"Shane I can't tell you no, but when I'm ready I'll tell you, I promise."

"Okay I can deal with that. See you at school."

"See you."

I walk to the side of the house and pull out the ladder and climbed it.

I'm running down the hallway when I bump into something and fall to the floor.

I look up and see the face that haunts my dreams.

"Whoring out, slut." He said.

I stayed silent.

"Get up. Now. Where were you?"

Silence.

"Where the hell were you?" He said as he slapped me.

"No where."

"Why are you lying little slut." He said as he slapped me and push me too the floor.

"Go take a shower, you stink." He said as he spit on my face.

I got up and went straight to the ensuite and wiped my face.

I started scrubbing face while crying it started to get red and I saw a huge handprint on my face and just wanted it to go away.

I walked into the shower and cried and cried again. I got out of the shower still crying just blankly thinking about what dying would feel like instead of having this fear over my head.

With those thoughts in my head I put alarm of and my earplugs in and went to sleep.

Waking up I felt my face and flinched as it stinged.

I got ready and head out the door with my bag in tow and started walking.

Shane's pov

I just got on the bike and was riding down the road when I saw a familiar dark mane.

I pulled up beside her and said " Hey ."

Her hair was pulled over her left check.

"Hi."

" Want a ride?"

"I'm gonna walk and think about it while you ride and I'll tell you if I wanna ride."

"Is that a no?"

"No, it's a no." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"The sarcasm is not needed but common we're friends remember I can give you a ride."

"Why do I have to get on the bike." she said while turning and facing me.

I gasped at what I saw.

Her whole left cheek had was red, like bright red, red as in my motorcycle red.

"What happened to your cheek."

The panic was back, before she went emotionless. "I burned myself in the shower."

"You have a lie for everything don't you."

"It's not a li-."

"Bullshit, what your about to say and what you said is all bullshit. But it's okay you said you were going to tell me. But you can not be around me and have all these injuries and don't expect me to say something."

"Theres a simple solution to that problem then. Stay away from me." She then turned around and started running.

That felt like a slap to the face.

Instead of the stirring in my stomach there was a clenching my chest that one I don't have an explanation to.

I rode to school and parked, as usual the people spread apart.

I already was in a foul mood and someone had the bolas( balls) to murmur the word 'freak'.

I looked to the side to see a jocks friends saying for him to run.

He must've murmured it, he must be new.

"Was it you who said it?"

"Yea, maybe it is."

"Are you new?"

"Yeah why do you wanna know?"

Everything was dead silent and I started laughing and walking forward towards him, then I punched him square in the nose he fell back and I said "There's your welcome gift."

I started walking down the hall and I heard footsteps I knew it was him so I turned around grabbed his arm and threw him into the lockers full force and he fell to the ground with a thump.

"Puta." ( bitch)

With that I walked away to my Ap history.