The story

Tracey's pov

I've been thinking Shane has done all of this with questions asked and he's respected my wishes of waiting so I think he's ready.

"I'm gonna tell you but don't stop me till the end, okay."

"Alright."

"Well remember I told you I didn't remember what happen after you came and got me."

He nodded.

"Well I did remember I just didn't want to tell you, so let me start from the beginning. We were living in Harahs, Ohio at the time. So after my dad died my mom kind of started to get angry, really angry and lash out. One day I came home from school and she was smashing a vase in the house I was about 12 and she pointed at me and started yelling at me and saying that it was my fault that he's dead and that I killed the love of her life."

I gulped.

"She started to beat me with all sorts of things then lock me in the basement. I got a little olser like at 14 and she couldn't hit me anymore because I would fight back. So instead she would verbally abuse me call me a whore and dirty, I'm not pretty and all sorts of things but the one thing she would do is keep telling me it's my fault. One day all our things were packed and she said we were moving. I got into the truck and we moved here. Turns out the reason for moving was that she got remarried to the mayor of this town. I had a room up in the attic and I just kept to myself."

As I said this, while remembering the memories I started to cry.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me Tracey." He said.

"No I need to let you understand.

So I was in my room sleeping when I heard the door open. I looked up and it was my moms husband. He came into my room towards me and started to tell me that I'm very pretty and beautiful. Then he said to take off my shirt and I didn't want to take off my so I said no. Then he started to grab me and took my shirt off. I started to scream for my dad and my mom but no one would come."

"H-h-he raped me that night and took me down towards the basement and locked me in there. I was in there for 2 days. He then came in again. My mother was following behind him he told me to get up but I couldn't because it hurt, so he started to hit me and kick me and punch me. He took out a blade and cut my arm. That's where I got the scars from he cut me twenty three different times and while I was getting cut the first time through the whole thing my mother just sat there and watched. After that I never referred to her as my mother but as a guardian she doesn't deserve the title; mother. He adopted me a year later and he became my guardian. He used to touch me and kiss me and all sorts of things but he would rarely rape me. One day I was in the basement and he came in with more people and they all did the same to me and gang raped me. That's what I was screaming about in the park when you found me. That is why I would come to school with bruises and cuts and also why I hid from the Mercedes that rolled by that day. Before I called you I came out the shower and he was there and he started doing all this stuff to me and said he would be back and then tonight he said he wanted to finish what he started."

The tears kept coming down my face as I sat there in silence.

"Tracey."

Silence.

"Tracey."

I picked my head up.

"You are the strongest girl I've ever met. You've been through all that and been able hold up I've just developed a whole new respect for you."

I smiled at him. Feeling sleepy I got my night clothes out my duffel bag and went in to the bathroom and changed into a tank top and shorts and came back.