Chapter 1 - me?

Thud.

"ow" I pushed my glasses further up my nose, gathered up all my books from the floor, and looked up to see who was to blame. People always think they can push me around just because i'm not popular. Yeah, I have no friends but i'm independent. I don't need people. Now don't take it the wrong way, i'm not antisocial but I can survive on my own without standing there like those plastics do.

I looked up and was met with the annoying but surprisingly gorgeous face of Jack Harries.

"Sorry...Amelia is it? I'm Jack Harries-" my jaw dropped. Jack Harries was being nice. To me. I just stared at him, and just as I was about to speak. BAM. "-but you probably already know that" I knew his nice side wouldn't last. I rolled my eyes.

"Actually. Jack...Barries was it? Sorry I had no idea who you were, until now. Now I have finally put a name to that stupid face I am FORCED to see around school, dragging around those stupid plastics who only want you for your money then you drop them as soon as you want a change. How about you ask your dad to get you another acting job so you can get the hell OUT OF HERE?!"

By now people were looking. I turned around and stormed off throwing him a dirty look. The way he just assumed I knew him, and I fell for it as well.

Okay so maybe I lied. How can you not know who Jack Harries is? Sadly, now he knows who I am.

***

As I entered the class everyone had just about sat down. I apologised to the teacher, telling him that I had been stuck in a long queue in the canteen. I saw Finn smirking and I tried not to laugh, he obviously knew what had happened, but I didn't care because like I said, Finn Harries is nice, he knows how his brother is yet he isn't anything like him.

There was a seat next to Finn so I quickly sat down and got out my books. Finn turned to me and whispered - "I saw you talking to Jack. You were brilliant, he looked like a lost puppy once you left" I laughed too loudly and looked at our teacher "Sorry Sir".

I replied to Finn via a piece of paper "Haha, he got owwwnneedd :P" He smiled and turned the piece of paper over he handed me it back and it said "haha, we should hang out!" I smiled and nodded at him.

My teacher stood up. "Mr.Harries and Miss.Richardson do you have anything to share with the class?"

"Sorry Sir. I was just talking to Amelia."

"Wait? What's that on your desk Finn? Let me see that!"

Our teacher walked over to the table and grabbed the note. Finn looked at me and sighed. "Sir it was me sorry, amelia didn't do anything" Finn defended me as our teacher read the note.

"Well Finn and Amelia, you can "hang out" in detention. 45 minutes after school. Be here."

He scrunched up the note and threw it in the bin and I looked at Finn and rolled my eyes, as the class started talking again he looked at me "Getting in trouble is not at all like you, but rolling your eyes is. At least we're not in detention alone I heard he gets people to scrape off the chewing gum off the bottom of the table.

I laughed and then we turned to listen to what he was saying. Boring boring boring. As usual.

After the class was over I walked out of class and was followed by Finn. "Hey Finn" I said over my shoulder as I slowed down and he caught up with me.
"Hey Amelia"
"You have drama next right?"
"Yeah, you too?"
"Yeah, sorry about that in class today, that really wasn't like me, i never get in trouble, I guess I was just really angry from what happened with j... Errm... from me dropping my books earlier."
"Amelia. I know what Jack's like. Don't worry about offending me,
and about earlier, it seriously wasn't that bad. Mr.Jones is just way too strict."
I nodded and opened the door to the drama studio, which was full of people as soon as we walked in.
One familiar person walked over to us straight away "FINNYY!"
Finn replied - "oh hey Jack, I would introduce you to Amelia, but I think the whole year is aware that you've already met before."