Chapter 21 - I may have.

"There's people out there. Horrible people." 

I looked at Jasmine and raised my eyebrows. 

"I know that Jack. It was kind of obvious when I got attacked in an alleyway"

Jasmine turned to me, shocked "Wait you were attacked? Why? What? Are you okay? Am I going to get attacked now o-"

Finn reached over and put his hand over her mouth "Jasmine. You are not going to get attacked. I won't let that happen"

"And about that Amelia, there's something I didn't tell you. The person that hurt you, they did it for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they were right, it wasn't a justified reason. They could sense that we were .... soulmates." Jack said looking down.

"I don't understand though, why because we're soulmates does it make a difference to them? Why do they care about whether you're happy, it just doesn't make sense to me. " I replied slamming my head down onto the table. "It was horrible Jack, and I don't want to go through that again" I finished, lifting my head up to look at them, a tear slipping down my cheek. 

Jack took my hand in his and looked me in the eyes. "Amelia, I will never let you get hurt. I will do what ever is in my power to protect you, and Finn will protect Jasmine. We're not saying that you're weak and need our protection - I know how you don't like me being "sexist" which you know I am not, but we will stick with you because if we can help you and save you from getting hurt we will." 

Jack stood up, followed by Jack, and smiled at me. "It's not likely that you'll be in danger though. Don't worry"  he said casually, winking at me. I looked at him strangely and pushed my chair back to get up. Jasmine did too and I raised my eyebrows at her again.

"What the hell did we get ourselves into?"  I whispered in her ear. She shrugged and looked at me nervously. Finn stood in the doorway with his arm stretched out and I ducked under his arm as I walked out.

I checked my watch    "Guys, we're kind of really late for chemistry" 

Jasmine slapped her hand across her forehead "No! I wanted a clear record....it's only my second day"

Finn put his arm around her shoulder - "It's fine, we'll be able to walk in no problem. He probably won't even notice us" 

I looked at Jack and smiled before Finn removed his hand from her shoulder and looked down at the floor. He tried not to look at us as I tried not to laugh. He was so awkward around Jasmine even though he knew her for so long.

Jack walked forwards to Finn and started to talk to him so Jasmine slowed down so she was next to me.  I smiled at her and she smiled back uneasily. 

"Amelia I really don't like this"

"Neither do I"

"I know it's overwhelming for you too, but come'on. I just got  here yesterday, and already I've met two childhood friends, found out I'm in mortal danger and all because I've fallen for Fi-" 

Her voice had slowly started getting louder as she talked and when she began to mention Finn's name she stopped herself looking around at the three faces that had all turned to stare at her. Finn's eyes were looking back at her intently as he began to walk up to her. His nose was inches from hers as he whispered to her

"You've fallen for me?"

Me and Jack slowly started walking away, knowing that they wouldn't even notice.  We could still hear and see them but we were far away enough so that it wasn't as awkward as before.    Jasmine answered him quietly. 

"I may have" 

Suddenly Finn crashed his lips against hers. After two seconds he stepped back and looked at her. 

"Well I may have just fallen for you too."  He said before smiling. He grabbed her hand and started walking. She began smiling too, staring back at him. 

Jack looked at me "I love you Amelia-Rose"

I smiled "I love you too Jackson"