Chapter 4 - It's cheesy I know.

I got home and went in to my bedroom. I got out my phone and turned the music on. I got out my book. Chalkline. I checked the time and it was only five. After reading just a pragraph my mum called me from downstairs. "Ameelliiaa! Come here for a second!"

Rolling my eyes, I placed my book down and switched off the music on my way out of the door. I ran down the two flights of stairs and jumped in to the kitchen smiling sweetly. "Yes mum?"

"Sorry for disturbing you honey, I was just letting you know that your father has a very important client."

"And this should interest me becauuseee?"

"because he phoned me and said he is coming home early so we can go to his clients house for dinner."

Since I was the only one neither at work or university I was the only one of my siblings that had to go. It was almost as if I was an only child since about a year ago.

"huh? why so last minute?"

"I'm sorry, but we are leaving at 6:30. I would've told you earlier but you had a detention." She then looked at me as if to put all the blame on me.

I looked at my feet and then back at her - "fair enough, well I better go get ready"

Although I would have had to rush to get ready, I was kind of happy. It was an excuse to not go out with Finn which meant I didn't have to lie, and also I got to dress up, as much as I stress out about getting ready I love going out. I checked my facebook and Finn was online, I quickly sent him a message apologising and saying that I had a family dinner to go to.

I took of my glasses and put them on top of my book. Before getting dressed I grabbed a towel and turned the shower on. After letting the cool water wash down on my skin I got out of the shower, wrapped a towel around me and walked in to my room.I dried my hair then turned my GHDs on. I opened my wardrobe and ran my finger along the different outfits trying to decided what to wear. Having decided on a turquoise cut out side bodycon dress, paired with a black boyfriend cardigan with a lace panel on the back, nude tights and leather bow trim court shoes I moved on to makeup.

I grabbed my make-up bag and spilt the contents on to my dresser. I put on my concealer and foundation. I adder bronzer and blusher. I added light and natural brown eyeshadow and black liquid eye liner. I used my favourite mascara and coral lipstick.I put in my pearl stud earrings. Finishing the look of by curling my hair lightly and brushing it out into subtle beach waves. I checked in the mirror and then put my make-up into my make-up bag, and along with it, took my phone, earphones, brush and purse and put them in to my grey and black leather tote bag.

I checked the time and it was 6:00. I still had half an hour, so I walked downstairs and my mum was looking in the mirror doing her makeup. My dad was fixing his tie. So I sat down on the sofa and checked my phone. I had a facebook notification and I checked and it was from Finn. :Don't worry, it's okay, i'm not sure if I can go anyway, haha, maybe another time.xx

I was glad he was okay with it, and I hope he believed me. Twenty minutes later and one short car drive away and we were there. I got out of the car and was stood in awe, right in front of a big house. Mine was also more than spacious. But this was modern, one side was made of complete glass and if I moved to the side I could just make out the large outside pool. (Much bigger than mine).

My dad held a bottle of champagne in his hands and my mum held flowers. My dad rung the bell and a 50 year old looking man with greying hair opened the door.

"Hello, Mr.Richardson!"

"Good evening," I was smiling trying not to laugh as my dad spoke so poshly. "Darling" he adressed my mother "Amelia" he adressed me, then carried on, "this is Mr.Harries".

The smile was wiped straight off my face. It couldn't be right? Harries must be a popular name. But Finn did say he couldn't come that night. I tried to breathe as I began to feel really uncomfortable. I checked my dress and then as Mr.Harries held the door open I walked in, only for my worst fear to be confirmed. I saw the twins and who must be their little sister standing there and tried my best to smile at them. From what happened earlier on that day, I knew it was going to be extremely awkward.

Their mum, Rebecca came over to us and greeted us, smiling sweetly. Their little sister was adorable she smiled at us and came over to me and hugged me. It must really suck not to even have a sister to phone when you need to talk to her, but i'm sure Jack and Finn treat her lovely.

Jack gave me a cheeky smile and i'm sure he saw my cheeks go lobster red. Finn just smiled at me and I smiled back at him. He laughed "Well, at least we were both telling the truth" I laughed. I guess it wouldn't be that bad as long as I didn't show Finn that I liked Jack. I mean, Finn is lovely but I never liked him as much as I liked Jack.

Everyone walked in to the dining room last being Jack and me before him. Before I walked in he stopped me. "Amelia, you said you weren't going to go out to see Finn tonight." He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. I smiled back at him then realised the others would be waiting.

"I think we need to go before everyone notices" I pushed the door open and luckily the others were too busy talking too each other to notice that we hadn't walked in straight away with them. Then I noticed Finn glance at us suspiciously and he started towards us. Oh crap.

***

"Amelia. Jack"  

"Hey Finn" I said and smiled.

Jacks phone started ringing and he looked at it and gulped. I peered over his shoulder and saw it was Lucy. He quickly rejected the call and texted her, - "Sorry babe, can't talk, with some stupid business people for my dad."  I looked at his previous texts and saw this

Lucy:I love you Jack

Jack:I love you more, can't wait to see you.

His message was sent just after the detention this afternoon. I knew it was too good to last. I looked down at my feet and couldn't actually believe it. I tried to walk away slightly and more towards Finn. It could never work with Jack if I couldn't trust him, and to trust doesn't mean looking on their phone everyday and watching them to make sure they're not with other girls. I think Finn knew that I liked Jack, he knew that Jack had been texting Lucy, but he didn't know about the kiss. 

Jack got another text. "Finn," he said looking up from his phone "I need to talk to you. right now." 

Jack walked out of the room and Finn smiled at me then turned around, following him. I had no idea and didn't want to find out anymore, so I walked over to my father who was tallking to Mr.Harries.