Chapter 14 - inevitable.

School was a drag. As usual.

I was sat in English, which was nearly the end of the day, laughing my head off at Finn. He was oblivious to the fact that I was staring at him and was just sitting there with a vacant look in his eyes. He was probably thinking of Clara. Those two would make a really cute couple, and if things worked out we could go on double dates. HA! I laughed really loudly this time, snorting as I did. I quickly covered my face with my hands and went beetroot red as always, this time it was Finn's turn to be laughing at me. He was trying to hold in his laughter as the teacher came around the classroom. I pretended to be scribbling down notes from the board as I heard the sound of his shoes clacking against the floor come to a halt directly behind me. 

"Amelia Richardson, is there something that you find amusing, because if there is I would prefer it if you stood up and said it to the class instead of sharing this apparently hilarious private joke just to Mr.Harries. Now get on with your work and I don't want to have to talk to you again about this. You have been acting very out of character recently, obviously someone-"  he paused and glared at Finn "-has been having a bad influence on you."  Mr. Jones turned on his heel and walked away. 

I rolled my eyes. "More like my brother" Finn muttered under his breath. I tried my best to suppress my laughter but it was impossible, so I merely disguised it with a cough. Mr.Jones peered over his glasses and frowned at our table.  He didn't look amused. I exaggerated the cough even more and then reached in to my bag to get my water bottle. Finn wiggled his eyebrows at me as I was drinking my water, and I couldn't help but spit out the water everywhere. Yes, all over the table.

"Amelia Richardson! That is the FINAL STRAW!" I know before I acted as if it was no big deal that he was telling me off, but I was always a good girl. I'd never been disliked by any teachers and so this actually terrified me.  At this point my head started to hurt. I put my head into my hands and gritted my teeth, the pain was unbearable.

 "Amelia! Don't be rude, class get on with your work! Amelia come to my desk, I need to talk to you."

I got up, but Finn was one step ahead of me. I walked two steps and the pain in my head was even worse. I couldn't understand why Finn was behind me but I knew it would only be worse if I turned around and asked him, he put his arm underneath my arms as if he was supporting me, and it seemed as if everyone knew what was going on except me. 

Suddenly my vision went blurry. I tried my best to open my eyes even more, in an attempt to gain focus again, but failed. Everything went black, and I felt Finn's grip on my arm get stronger. 

***

I opened my eyes, and saw exactly what I saw before, except this time, I was looking at the ceiling once again. I tried my best to sit up but just the light in the room hurt my head immensely. At this I shut my eyes again but it didn't make it any better. 

"It hurts. so. much."

Finn stroked the hair out of my face, "I know Amelia, try not to worry, it will be better soon" 

"Finn...how long" There was a long silence following that and I heard footsteps walk past me and get further away, then I heard the door open slowly and be pulled quietly shut.

"It's been 30 minutes"  I nodded but stopped as soon as I felt the pain again. After 5 minutes Finn started speaking again, the pain had decreased slightly but was still bad. I opened my eyes. Finn had a glass of water in his hands and a few tablets. I looked around the room and noticed that there were two paramedics there, Mr.Jones was sitting at his desk and Finn was supporting me just like before. The school nurse was also there, just watching the situation. "Here Amelia, have a drink of water and take these, it'll make you feel better" Finn said handing me a glass of water and the pills.

They did work, kind of. The pain was still there but it was so much better, it was like a normal headache, so it was much more tolerable.  The paramedics explained to me why they were there. They said that because it was a head injury they had to make sure that I was safe.  They had cleaned the wound on my head to make sure it wasn't infected and had re bandaged my arm that had hit the ground. Finn helped me up and we then made our way to the office. 

Finn told me that my dad was coming to collect me and waited with me for a few minutes until my dad arrived. In the meantime I asked him about what happened. "Finn, who was in the room, earlier?"

"What do you mean? It was just me, miss, mr.jones and the paramedics, and then you of course"

"But I swear I heard someone leave"

"ohh, errr" Finn scratched the back of his neck. 

"Finn, I have a really bad headache and don't want to argue with you, but if I have to I will.   Please tell me"

"Okay...Jack was in the room, but he left because you called him Finn. He really didn't like that."

"But....I was in so much pain, I couldn't see him, and you were the last person there before I fainted. How was I meant to know?" 

"No, it wasn't your fault, it was mine. Well a few years ago I kind of-"

"Amelia, i'm glad you're okay. Hello Finn, thankyou for looking after my daughter." My dad interrupted walking through the door.

"Er, hello Mr.Richardson" Finn said getting up and rubbing his hands on his jeans. He looked nervous, but also very relieved. I had no idea what he was going to tell me but really wanted to know. Finn handed my father my school bag and then stepped back so I could walk past. "Bye Amelia, I hope you feel better." 

"Bye Finn." I said then turned around and walked out of the door. 

*** 

We were a few roads away from my house and we'd only been in the car for about a minute. I leaned my head against the window. Finn had said that it was his fault that Jack had gotten angry and walked out but I couldn't understand. Why was Jack always so jealous and why did Finn keep on blaming himself. Surely it can't be his fault.

That's impossible.

Right?

*** 

A/N

SO I FINALLY UPDATED, YAYAYYAYY! 

I was going to try to update again today but I don't think I will be able to so I will update this story tomorrow again, and friday, and I will update Unforgettable on friday. 

I am trying my best but apparently i'm "spending too much time on the internet" so yeah, haha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I tried to make it a bit longer, and my goal for every chapter is now going to be 1100 words over, because I know it is still short but it's longer than before so yeah! Bye! xx

Smile and Be Happy!

Rose xx