Chapter 3 - Detention with Harries.

After the school day was over I made my way over to my maths class for my detention with Finn.

I knocked on the door and opened it and walked in. "I have a detention for passing notes in class sir"

"Yes I remember. How could I forget. It is not like you at all Amelia Richardson. What happened?"

"I don't know, sorry sir."

"Okay, well where are the others?"

"Oh, you only gave me and Finn a detention sir."

"In your class I only gave you and Finn a detention. But I also gave another Harries a detention in the lesson before yours."

"Jack?!...Sorry, I just didn't expect him to be in the detention too, it's just that earlier on he was telling me how he had a detention with Miss.Barnes, he didn't tell me he had a detention with you sir."

"It's okay. But sit down and get on with these past papers I have printed out for you." He answered handing me the papers.I put the other two down and opened the first one, rolling my eyes. Pythagoras Theorem. Maybe the only topic I had no idea about. There was a knock on the door and Finn walked in while Jack stood at the door. Finn came and sat down next to me opening the past paper that was on the table for him. Jack started talking to Mr.Wilson "Sir, I have a detention with miss.barnes so could I do this detention tomo..." he noticed me and then continued talking "...actually, i'll go to her detention tomorrow, if i'm here I might aswell"

Jack came and sat down on the other side of me and opened his paper. Finn had already got half way through the paper and I was on the third question. I kept on getting distracted by Jack. He kept on...well he was actually just doing his paper but I don't know. He was biting his lip as he concentrated. He looked at me and I quickly turned my eyes towards my paper and moved my hair to the side to try and cover the redness in my cheeks. He then whispered in my ear "I can see you blushing, it's actually quite cute" He wasn't making it any better.

Finn moved his chair back and stood up, - "i'm done sir". Mr.Wilson stood up and took Finn's paper. "Very well.You can leave now Finn, thankyou." Finn walked out and smiled at me and waved through the window before walking away.

"Amelia and Jack, I need to be off now but I don't want you to leave until you've done this paper. I trust you two to behave." Just like that he gathered up his laptop and books and walked out. I gulped and looked at Jack. He looked back at me and smirked.

I quickly grabbed my bag and paper and motioned towards the door, however before I could get there Jack did and he was leaning on it so I couldn't get out. "Jack. Please can you move so I can leave. I don't want to be stuck in here with you." I honestly don't know why I did that. It would only make him more determined.

"Well. You can leave after you promise me something. You have to promise me that you won't go out with Finn tonight."

"No. I told Finn i'm going out with him and i'm not going to let him down now. It's not fair. Anyway, why do you care? You're probably just going to spend the evening with Lucy anyway."

"No. I'm not. I broke up with her after drama. She was too clingy and fake."

"Oh really Jack? Cause that's the type you usually go for. And you still haven't answered my question! Why do you care?"

"Because. I don't think it's fair that Finn gets you."

I rolled my eyes. "No-one else wants me Jack. Finn's the only one that has ever acted like he cared about me. I'm just not that kind of girl. The one everyone loves. I'm not beautiful or funny or...anything. I wish I was but i'm not. Maybe Finn's just pretending to like me. I mean who would ever be able to love me?" Tears were threatening to fall but I managed to stay as calm as possible.

"I would"

"But you don't do you Jack? You love the skinny girls. The blonde girls."

"You're different. You've intrigued me since the first moment I saw you. You're a genius and you're absolutely stunning. I wanted to pretend I wasn't interested for a bit longer but I just couldn't. I mean look at you."

He walked closer to me and put his hand on the wall behind me. With his face an inch away from mine he whispered - "beautiful. always remember that." I could feel him breathing as I looked in to his eyes. Then he closed the distance between us and kissed me. I didn't know what to think. Was this the way he got all the girls, or was I really special just like he told me? He moved away and then spoke once again "so are you going to go out with Finn this evening or not?"

"I-I don't know Jack. I don't want to let him down. But I don't want to lead him on. Will you please let me go now?"

Jack moved his hand and I walked out. As I left the building I got a facebook notification so I got my phone from my pocket and checked it.

Finn Harries: How was the detention while I was gone, I hope Jack wasn't too harsh. He can be a bit of an idiot sometimes.

I smiled to myself. Although I was very confused, Jack was anything but mean to me. I can't believe i'm saying this but Jack was actually quite nice. Quite nice? Who am I kidding. But I couldn't tell Finn. I had to think of an excuse.

I replied telling him that I only stayed for an extra ten minutes because I finished early and that Jack was the usual. I'd think of an excuse when I got home.